Big Time Party: Part II

"This was supposed to be a small gathering, and now it's an uncontrollable party that gets us kicked out of the Palm Woods." Kendall stated the facts sounding anything but calm.

"Opa!"

Kendall, James, Persephone, and Carlos then saw a pair of Russian acrobats enter the apartment together.

"Sergei, you made it." Carlos sounded like a kid in a candy store.

Persephone's cold demeanor faded for a second as it turned to an impressed look geared towards both Carlos and the acrobats, "You have Russian acrobats in your contact list?"

"I'm a people person." Carlos innocently smiled making it hard for Persephone to stay mad.

"Emergency party plan." Persephone knew Kendall would know how to fix things, and she took a sip of her drink, relaxing a little, "I'm gonna go get my date, who doesn't like hockey-" Carlos, James, and Persephone spit their drinks on the floor when Kendall said that sentence, "I know, right? And go downstairs, keep an eye on Bitters so we don't get our third strike, while you guys get rid of this party."

Persephone rolled her eyes, going to talk to Camille while the guys sorted things out. After relaxing for a few seconds with her friend, she was being dragged into the hall by Kendall, "Hey, I thought you were making Jo participate in your party plan. Not me."

"There's been a change of plans. You don't mind, do you?" Kendall stopped for a second looking at Persephone.

She smiled and shook her head, "Not at all. Lead the way."

********************************

The duo stood at an elevator, waiting for it to open, "So why'd you ditch your date? It seemed like it was going well."

"We just have a lot less in common than I thought. It's not just the hockey thing either." A frown was plastered on the boy's face.

"Your night kinda sucks, huh?" Persephone felt bad for her friend, but deep down she felt a sense of victory.

The elevator doors opened to reveal Bitters standing there dressed in a ridiculous costume hiding what was supposed to be a party detector, "And it just got worse." Kendall huffed, frustrated.
Bitters ran the detector over both of them before running in another direction, turning a corner, "Yep, we're dead."

Persephone thought quick, speaking louder so Bitters would hear her clearly, "Sure Kendall. I'd love to go to that party on the fourth floor." Kendall's frown was replaced with a smile, and they both laughed, running onto the elevator, hoping Bitters would follow.

********************************

"James, Bitters is roaming the hall now looking for our party." Kendall had their friend on the phone as he and Persephone exited the elevator, walking so close that their arms were pressed against each other.

"Did you get everyone out of the apartment?" Persephone asked into the phone that was still pressed against Kendall's ear.

"We're working on it!" They heard James scream through the phone, hearing the loud crowd still around him.

Kendall and Persephone looked at each other with unamused expressions, "Are you on the dance floor?" They both scolded.

"I can't hear you! We're... dancing into a tunnel!" And with that, the line was disconnected.

"He hung up?" Persephone wondered in disbelief.

"Yep." They heard an elevator ding, and Kednall took  Persephone's hand in his pulling her along with him so they wouldn't get caught.

********************************

"Ok, everybody out, the party's over." Kendall and Persephone crashed into his apartment only to find it completely empty, "I can't believe the Hollywood Super Party Kings of Hollywood actually got rid of the party." Persephone laughed at the title Carlos and James took on, "Now to just turn off this music." Kendall walked to the stereo, turning it all the way down. When the music didn't stop, Persephone looked out the window and felt her eyes widened involuntarily.

"Kendall? You're gonna wanna see this." Persephone winced at the look on Kednall's. He walked over to her, the front of his right arm pressed against the back of her left one. He lowered his face to be almost on top of her shoulder to see what she was seeing. They turned to each other with expressions of worry, and anger, "We should go."

"Yep." Kendall took her shoulders and gently guided her out of the apartment, going on their second adventure of the night.

********************************

"I told you to get rid of everybody." Kendall yelled to James once they found him dancing in the middle of the crowd.

"No, you said to get everybody out of the apartment."

"And we did." Carlos joined in, blowing one of his party horns.

"Ok, now's not the time for you two to outsmart us." Persephone scolded.

Kendall looked at all of the people stressed, and turned his focus back to Persephone who smiled and did a little dance to try and lighten his mood.

They heard a splash and looked in the direction of the pool to see their friend drenched, "Ok, Logan's in the pool. James and Carlos think they're the kings of party land."

"And Bitters is not gonna stop until he finds a party to bust." Persephone finished her friend's sentence for him, "So, I think the only proper thing to do is give him a party to bust." Those words seemed to finally put a smile on Kendall's face. The two high fives before splitting up, stealing some party horns from other people, and a boom box from the front to create their diversion.

********************************

Minutes later, Kendall and Persephone stood in the stairway of their apartment complex. Kendall held the boom box on his shoulder, and Persephone made noise with the party horns. They knew Bitters had heard them, they immediately started running down the stairs to get to the final phase of their plan.

They stopped to take a breather in the middle of a hallway, and Kendall turned to the girl, unable to wipe the smile off of his face, "Ya know, we're gonna laugh about this someday."

"I'm laughing about it now!" Neither of them had smiled or laughed that much in a long time. They both loved each other's company, more than they'd willingly admit.

They eventually reached the Super Party Fun Box Gustavo used on the guys earlier, and set the boom box inside, hiding behind it. Persephone was watching Bitters from one side, being careful to stay unseen, and Kendall leaned over her to watch the scene too. Persephone looked at how close Kendall was, and when he felt eyes on him, he turned to her. They looked at each other, feeling something they couldn't put their finger on. Kendall pushed away a stray piece of hair from Persephone's face, being caught in some kind of trance. The two snapped out of their daze when they heard the door open. They each ran to the front and slammed it closed, locking it behind them.

"So, what do we do now?" Persephone asked, leaning against the box.

"We party."

Kednall and Persephone high fived, and headed back to their friends to see what they missed.

In the end, Kendall ended up with Jo again, and Persephone ended up with James. But what neither of them noticed was the glances they kept stealing at each other for the rest of the night.

********************************

Word count: 1,214

A/N- As a thank you for being patient with my uploading schedule, I decided to write another chapter last night to post today. I feel better about this chapter over the last one, but it's still not 100%. But what really matters is what you guys think, so I hope it didn't completely suck.

*Not edited*