Chapter 4

Pepita suddenly stopped and blew on the ground, revealing glowing blue footprints. "It's a Rivera shoe" papa Julio said.  "Size seven" Tía Victoria said. "Miguel" both me and Mamá Imelda said.
            When we finally stopped it was when we hit a huge crowd of people. Tía Rosita and Tía Victoria went one way with Papa Julio while the Tío's went another way. Mamá Imelda wanted me to stay close to her so we went another way. I wasn't paying attention to the stage because I was looking for footprints, as was Mamá Imelda. I stopped instantly when the voice that was singing registered in my mind. Miguel. He had just finished singing Un Poco Loco with the strange man. Mamá Imelda noticed I had stopped but before she could say anything I took off running after Miguel who had started running once we made eye contact.
              Mamá Imelda followed me with Pepita and soon we came to a staircase with a gate halfway up. Miguel has slipped through the damn thing. I was smaller than Miguel but I didn't want to go through the bars because I didn't want to ruin my dress.
          "I am trying to save your life!" Mamá Imelda yelled. "You're ruining my life!" Miguel yelled back. "What?l!" Mamá Imelda said. "Musics the only thing that makes me happy and you want to take that away from me!" Miguel yelled. Then as Miguel started walking further up the stairs Mamá Imelda started singing.
           I looked at her like she was crazy!! Not because I shared her beliefs on music, but because she was SINGING!
          "I thought you hated music" Miguel said. "Oh I loved it! I remember that feeling, when my husband would play and I would sing and nothing else mattered, but when we had Coco suddenly there was something in my life that mattered more than music. I wanted to put down roots. He wanted to play for the world. We each made a sacrifice to get what we wanted. Now you must make a choice." Mamá Imelda said. "But I don't wanna pick sides! Why can't you be on my side? That's what family is supposed to do! Support you! But you never will. " Miguel said and then ran off again.
            Mamá Imelda looked down sadly and I just turned and walked back to Pepita. I climbed onto her back and just sat, thinking about what Miguel had said. Then Mamá Imelda climbed into Pepita a back and she flew off.