Chapter 7

"Mija are you sure you alright? You look a little pale." Mamá Imelda said to me after she yelled at Héctor for trying to help her. "I'm fine Mamá Imelda" I said but she didn't look convinced. "I promise" I said and then she finally believed me, but while we were walking she made sure that she was right next to me in case it happened again. I didn't annoy me, it just made me antsy because it seemed like she thought it would come back.
                "Now we just have to find De La Cruz" Mamá Imelda said as she turned the corner. "Yes?" De La Cruz said as he turned around when he heard his name. "AH!" Mamá Imelda jumped when she saw him. Then she took off her shoe and smacked him in the face. "That's for murdering the love of my life!" Imelda yelled. "Wha-" De La Cruz started to say but Héctor came around the corner. "She's talking about me!" Héctor said. "Héctor?" De La Cruz said in surprise. Mamá Imelda then smacked him again "and that's for trying to murder my grandson!" She yelled. "Your grandson?" De La Cruz said. Then Miguel came around the corner followed by me. "She's talking about me!" Miguel said to De La Cruz. "Your related to Héctor?" De La Cruz asked. "The picture!" Miguel said pointing to De La Cruz's pocket.
            De La Cruz made a run for it. 'Bad move' I thought. We all started chasing him down the hall. Héctor was next to Imelda and I was on her other side while Miguel was on my other side. "You said love of your life" Héctor said to Mamá Imelda. "I don't know what I said!" Mamá Imelda said back. "That's what I heard" I said in a song songy voice.
           "Alexandria you are supposed to be on my side" Mamá Imelda said acting offended as we kept running. "Oh yes of course! I heard nothing!" I said. 
           We finally caught up to him and while the others were fighting of the security guards I went after De La Cruz. I grabbed the photo but he also grabbed it and I was afraid to rip it so I yelled. "MIGUEL" and he ran over and knocked down De La Cruz, but not before sending me flying halfway across the room.
              "Miguel, I have the photo!" I yelled and he turned and smiled. I stood up but before I could move, the floor was being lifted up. Safe to say I was very very very confused.

————————————————————————

I know Imelda is the one who sings La Llorona but I decided to switch it up a bit, hope you don't mind!!!