Chapter 12

I take in a huge gasp of air as my eyes flew widely around the unfamiliar room I was in. I felt weird.
           I felt different.
      I couldn't explain the feeling. I managed calm myself down enough to to get up and look around the room I was in. There was a leather couch - which is what I woke up on - a desk with no one sitting behind it, and a door.
          The words on the door were in huge block letters - DR. MONTANA RAMIREZ : Psychology -
          Then I remembered what happened. I was in so much pain. I looked down to see I was still in the same dress, but it was clean, no blood. The only thing different was that my fingers and most of my hand were skeleton. But it was only that part. My arms had some weird markings on them, they weren't ugly, they were pretty but I was still very confused.
         So I walked through the door. There was a skeleton women sitting at a desk, she looked up when the door opened. She smiled slightly but it looked nervous. "Hola Alexandria! I am Dr. Ramirez" the lady said kindly but I could also hear the nervousness in her voice.
          "Am I dead?" I asked, always one to get straight to the point. "Sí niña, I'm afraid you are." Dr. Ramirez said softly. "Then why don't I look like you or any of the other dead people here?" I asked boldly. The women looked a bit taken aback by the question, clearly she had excepted some sort of hysteria or a break down, but she didn't get that from me.
           I was calm, straightforward, and from how she slightly coward behind her desk I obviously had a look on my face that said 'I don't have time for you crap'.
          "Niña, we need to call your familia" the women said with a slight tremble in her voice. I waited a few second, my dark brown eyes boring into her light honey brown eyes. "Well? Are you just going to sit there looking like a lost puppy or are you going to call them?!?" I snapped.
          The women jumped and quickly reached for the phone.  It rang a few times but then someone picked up. "Is this the Rivera household?" The women asked