Part 53

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

I was sitting in my office playing around with my pen as I looked at Shehnaaz's location on my laptop. Shaking my head, I said, "I knew she is up to something. This girl, she is insane." Looking at the location of Daksh alongside, I knew that he was with her. Hence, I was not too worried. But I am annoyed that Shehnaaz decided to go to Prakash's old warehouse out of all places. I heard a knock on my door and looked up. Prakash's father was standing at the door and I gave him permission with a nod to enter. He came inside and stood opposite me. "You called for me?" He asked. "I have stopped my men from looking for Prakash. Whenever you speak to him next, tell him he is free to go as long as he doesn't remain in Romania. Send him back to India or any where else in the world but he must not remain here," I said. He frowned at me and remained silent. "I am not going to repeat everything I said. And I know that you heard. So you can leave now," I said. "Sidharth...." he started but I stopped him by raising my hand. "If you are about to defend your son, then forget it," I said sternly looking at my laptop. "I am not defending him. Even I know that he is wrong. Don't worry, I will try my best so that he doesn't harm you or your family," he said. I looked at him after listening and leaned back on my chair. "You will try? That means that you are not determined?" I said. He immediately got nervous. "I got my answer. You can leave," I said. 

Shehnaaz's P.O.V. 

I was still at the warehouse with Oscar but he wasn't opening his mouth for anything! It was frustrating! I turned and looked at him but something else caught my eye. Just behind him, I saw a shadow moving up the stairs. Curiously, I followed and ran up the stairs with my camera still videoing. Oscar came behind me. I peeped upstairs but there was no one. Quietly, I took off my sandals right there and tiptoed further. Looking around with a slight amount of fear inside, I saw no one. "What's wrong ma'am?" Oscar asked. "I saw a ghost," I said sarcastically. Rolling my eyes, I said, "I saw someone run up the stairs." "I'll check," he said and took out his gun. He carefully walked around and checked but also found no one. Coming back to me, he said, "I think we should leave." "Wait, why?" I asked but he held my hand and began dragging me out of the warehouse. Reaching the car, he forcefully made me sit inside and we left. "How dare you!" I yelled. He remained unaffected. "Just wait till I tell this to Sidharth," I threatened. He drove silently back to the house as I sat in the car silently. I stormed to my room without giving answers to Sidharth's mother about my disappearance. Sitting on the sofa, my blood boiled. The door opened and Daksh came inside. "Did you find out anything?" He asked. "No! In fact, the plan that we made also got ruined! I didn't even get enough time to initiate it when he dragged me out of there," I complained. "Ok, relax. Don't worry. We will devise a new one," he said sitting next to me. I frowned and said, "I will just tell Sidharth that I don't want him to hire Oscar." "And you think that he will agree? He is Sidharth! He's..." he said but stopped halfway. I followed his eyes to the door where Sidharth was standing. "What's wrong? Why did you stop?" He asked. Daksh stood up and said, "Excuse me." As he reached the door to leave, Sidharth held his hand and said sternly, gritting his teeth, "Tell me, what were you saying." "Sidharth..." I said standing up but he held up his hand and stopped me. "When I ask you, then you will speak," he said gritting his teeth. "Sid we were only talking about Rahul," Daksh lied. "Really? But I heard something else," he said sarcastically, "He is Sidharth. He's...he's?" I frowned. Taking a step forward, I began, "Sidharth what are you...." But he stopped me and said pointing his finger at me, "Again, I am warning you. Don't interrupt me." "Why shouldn't I? I will!" I said stubbornly, "And let's see who stops me." 

I glared at him with the same intensity he was staring at me with. "Glare at your underlings like this Mr. Shukla because I'm not afraid of your eyes," I said. He turned to me and came closer. "Fine. If you don't want me to speak to Daksh, then I will speak to you. I will question you. And you will answer my questions. So tell me, where did you go today?" He asked. I frowned. "I went to the supermarket," I said. "Then, you must have bought something, right? Where is it?" He asked. "I...I...couldn't find it so I came back home," I said. "Sidharth..." Daksh said but Sidharth raised his hand and for a second, I thought that he was about to slap me but when I felt no pain, I opened my eyes and looked at him glaring at me. "Get out of my room. I need to talk to my wife in private," he said. I looked at Daksh's worried frown and nodded that I would be ok. I knew that whatever happens, Sidharth would never hurt me. He left and Sidharth began taking small steps towards me. His body pushed mine backwards until my back was against the wall. "You haven't answered my question yet. Where did you go?" He asked. "I told you...I went to the supermarket," I said looking away. "Lies!" He screamed banging his hand against the wall behind me. I flinched at his sudden yell and his angry movement. My eyes widened in fear and surprise as my heart rate increased drastically. "Don't lie to me Shehnaaz. Tell me the truth," he said infuriated. My eyes welled up with tears of fear of him as I trembled. I felt as if the same monster was in front of me which I met for the first time in India. "Listen Shehnaaz," he said holding onto my shoulders tightly, "Don't compel me to make you tell the truth. Tell me before I lose my cool." "I went with Oscar to the old warehouse downtown. The same warehouse that you suspected Prakash to be at." His grip on my shoulders began to get tighter and his nails dug into my skin. "Why?! Why are you so stupid?" He yelled and turned around. I took a quick breath of relief from the pain and went up to him. "Sidharth, I only wanted to know if Oscar is with Prakash. Nothing else. And I only asked you for Daksh so that he can protect me there," I said. "Don't you trust me?" He asked frustrated.