Part 58

Shehnaaz's P.O.V.

"Shehnaaz," Daksh said behind me and I immediately rushed up to him saying, "Thank God you're here." "What's wrong?" He asked. "Sidharth isn't telling me anything. Please, I am very scared. Don't lie to me," I said. "Shehnaaz," he said holding my shoulder, "Why are you so scared? Do you have any problem? And what is Sidharth not telling you?" "He captured Prakash. I know the truth. But whom did he shoot to death in the office?" I asked boldly. He looked at me with clear shock and stood still. "Shehnaaz..." he said unable to explain himself. "I'll tell you," Sidharth said behind me. Turning around, I looked at him looking at me with a huge frown. "I'll tell you who I killed back there," he said walking closer and closer. "But you will also have to answer my question," he said. Stopping in front of me, Daksh said behind, "I'll see you tomorrow." "No, wait," he said stopping him, "Please, you have to be here to hear as well." His tone wasn't normal. It sounded more sarcastic and angry. "Because my wife doesn't trust me as much as she trusts you. Instead of giving me a chance to tell the truth, she called you all the way over here in the middle of the night to answer her questions," he said. I knew that this was gonna take another direction and said, "Then, you tell me the truth." "I will," he said, "This all started a few days back when I got the call and rushed out the room, do you remember that? Well, in fact, that day we caught Prakash. We got news that he was heading out of the city and planned a fake roadblock. There, we caught him and brought him back. Since I don't know how many people in my life I can trust, I instructed Daksh to personally guard him. I knew that I couldn't keep him in a less suspected place than my own office so during the party, I moved him there. But that rascal tried to escape and I couldn't take his drama anymore so I killed him." 

I wanted to be happy that Prakash was now gone for good from our lives but I couldn't digest the fact that Sidharth had to kill him. I didn't want to be with any murderer. I sat down and frowned, as scared as before. "I emptied the six bullets in his head," he said but I covered my ears and shouted, "Stop it!" I began to feel anxious and my heart raced. "You wanted to know the truth, here's the truth," he said. "Ok Sid, that's enough. Can't you see how scared she is? Why are you torturing her?" Daksh said standing up for me. "You need to stop interfering between my wife and I before I forget that you are my best friend," Sidharth said stepping up to him gritting his teeth. "I don't care what you want to remember or forget. If I have to come between you and your wife a million times to protect her then I will," he said. "What did you say?" Sidharth said and punched Daksh on his face. Looking at them fighting for a second, I quickly stood up and went between them with great difficulty to separate them. "Have you ever given thought why your wife came to me for answers? Have you ever? Why doesn't your wife want to ask you? You're failing to her expectations Sidharth!" Daksh yelled. Sidharth pushed me aside and rushed up him to him saying, "Will you teach me about my wife now?" With that, he punched Daksh in the face once more and Daksh didn't remain behind and punched him back. Again, I ran to separate them and pushing them apart, I stood in between and yelled, "What has gotten into you too? Are you out of your minds? Why are you two fighting?" "You don't come in between otherwise I won't spare you either," Sidharth said gritting his teeth and pointing me in a warning manner. I looked at him with tears in my eyes and fear in my heart. "This is it! I am done! I am done with all this! This killing, this lifestyle, everything!" I yelled, "I'm going." Leaving there, I went back to the room and got a coat. Leaving the house, I walked through the massive garden and reached the gate. Not knowing where I was going or what I was doing, I walked out the gate and alongside the road. 

Sidharth's P.O.V.  

I frowned and looked at Daksh. "Do you think she fell for the trap?" I asked. "Looks convincing," he said, "I'm feeling so bad though that she has to go through all of this." "This is necessary. We have no other choice," I said. "What if she really leaves the house?" He asked. "She wouldn't. She perhaps will sleep with Rahul for the most part," I said. "I think you should check," he said. "I will. You also head back to the head office and keep and eye on him," I said. "Good night," he said. As he was leaving, I stopped him. He turned and looked at me and I said, "Sorry for the beating." He smiled amused and said, "I'm sorry too." He left. "I'm sorry Shehnaaz, but to keep you from the truth, we had to put on this play. I still don't know how many of Prakash's men are still blend in in my group. I can't reveal where he actually is and whom I killed. Anyone could become alerted," I said in my head. I went upstairs to check on Shehnaaz but she was neither in our room nor Rahul's. I immediately got worried dead and searched the entire house frantically. Thinking back, I remembered her saying that she was going and it came to me that she might have left the house. Cursing myself under my breath, I said, "What the hell were you thinking?" Going to our room, I took a bottle of chloroform to get her back. Leaving the house alone in my car, I drove along the road and looked on both sides. After a few minutes, I spotted her walking along the pavement. I stopped the car, got out and sneaked up behind her. Emptying some of the chloroform on my handkerchief, I covered her mouth and nose and forced her to inhale it. She fought to be free but I held onto her. Soon, she was unconscious and I picked her up. Putting her in the back seat of the car, I looked at her and said, "Sorry wifey. I think you took our plan too seriously. Sorry for doing this." I closed the door and drove back home. 

Resting her on the bed, I covered her and looked at her. Calling Daksh, I asked, "Have you reached?" "Yes, he got the bag," he said. "Good, now go to the head office and you know your job," I said. "Yes sir," he said. "Time to end this game," I said smirking. 

Shehnaaz's P.O.V. 

I woke up with a nasty headache and blurry eyes. Looking around, I found myself home and in bed. Thinking back, I asked myself, "Did I leave the house last night? Or was that all a dream?" Frowning, I went to the bathroom and looked at my reflection. "After coming home, I changed and went to meet Daksh by the pool. Sidharth came and they began fighting. I said that I was going and left the house. What happened after that?" I thought brushing my teeth. I took a bath and changed my clothes. While pounding my brain for answers, I was drying my hair when someone knocked on the door. Opening it, I looked at two bodyguards standing and looking at me. "May I help you?" I asked but before I knew anything, they taped my mouth with duck tape and tied my hands with a rope. Unable to say or do anything, I tried fighting back and asking them, which came through as mere noise, who were they and why were they doing this. They held me and tried pulling me but I braked with my feet and tried my best to get free but it was all futile. I tried alerting someone at home by throwing down some vases but no one came to my rescue. My heart was pounding in fear and I wasn't able to think anything. Reaching down the stairs, I looked around and all the bodyguards were on the ground, unconscious. My fear was raising by the minute. If the bodyguards are here like this, then where were everyone else? One of the bodyguard spoke through his Bluetooth saying, "We have her sir.....they are all sleeping....yes sir." He hung up and held my arm. Tightly holding onto it, he pushed me in a car and drove off. Thinking quickly what to do, nothing seemed to come to me. "Where do we have to meet boss?" One asked and I listened. "Shukla warehouse," he replied. "Shukla? Did that belong to Sidharth?" I asked myself. 

With much difficulty, I released my hand from the rope and got a ray of hope to reach Sidharth. I acted normal. Looking back and forth between the men, as soon as they least expected, I reached for the handbrake and pulled it up making the car come to a screeching halt. Quickly, I got out and ran as fast as I could as they fired bullets behind me. Docking and escaping barely, I got into a taxi and shouted, "Shukla Headoffice, quickly!" Looking back, I saw the car following a distance behind with great speed and was catching up. Frustrated and scared, I yelled, "Hurry up!" The man sounded annoyed in what he was saying in his own language. Hitting the seats, I shouted, "Will you please hurry up?" Clasping my hands, I prayed, "God, if you want my soul today then just wait a few more minutes. Let me reach Sidharth first." Shukla Headoffice was finally in sight but shots began to fire in the back of the car. The taxi stopped and looking at him, I asked, "What happened?" "I not go further. No trouble for me," he said backing out and I knew I couldn't do anything to convince him. I had no other choice but to get out and run on my feet. I hid behind the passing cars to dock the bullets. With bloody feet and my heart racing at its highest, I couldn't afford a second to stop and kept going. My ribs began hurting and my stomach cramped. Reaching the gates to the building, I stopped at the guard booth and panted saying, "I need to go inside." "Sorry ma'am. No one is allowed without an appointment letter," he said. Looking at him with a huge frown, I wasted no time and slapped him. Holding his collar, I said, "Listen mister, this is my husband's company. I don't need an appointment letter. You need a newspaper." 

I pushed him aside and was racing inside with him following when I noticed something on the roof. A man was sitting on the terrace with a gun aiming at someone carefully. Looking down, I saw Sidharth coming out of his car and without giving a second thought, I screamed, "Sidharth!" I ran up to him and stood in front him. One shot was heard and after a severe pain, I felt numb. My knees couldn't support me and I fell down weak. I looked up at Sidharth holding me and smiled, resting my hand on his heart, I said, "You're safe. I love you."

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

As soon as Shehnaaz came to me, I heard a gunshot. She stood still and looked at me with wide eyes. Every one of my bodyguards began firing shots at the man on the terrace and Shehnaaz fell to the ground she rested her hand on my heart and said with a smile, "You're safe. I love you." I was brought back from the shock and looked at her eyes closing slowly. Worried and fearful, I shook her saying, "Don't sleep! Keep your eyes open. Nothing will happen to you!" I picked her up and sat in the car with her. One of my bodyguards took the driver's seat and drove off. Rubbing Shehnaaz's bloody hands in the backseat, I said, "Don't sleep. Please, wake up. Wake up!" Looking at the bodyguard, I yelled frustrated, "Hurry up!" 

__________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! Please vote, comment and share my story! Until next time! Bye!