Chapter 7

Candice was walking to her next class when she felt a hand pull her into a classroom.

"What the-" she almost screamed when a hand covered her mouth.

"Sh. Don't yell don't want to attract any attention." Candice's eyes widened when she realized Jayce was the one to pull her into the deserted classroom.

"Once I remove my hand from your mouth, you won't go running and screaming? Am I right?" Candice just nodded her head.

"Good." Jayce says while removing his hand. Candice crossed her arms across her chest.

"So what is this about that you had to give me a near heart attack?"

"Well I'm pretty sure you heard I've been going up to blonde girls in our school to see if she was the girl who lost this earring at dance."

"Yeah I've heard but what does this have to do with me? If you haven't noticed I'm not blonde?" Candice replies.

"I was getting to my point. Anyway as I was saying, I was losing hope that would find the rightful owner of this earring considering most of the girls did not fit the features with the girl I danced with at the dance. The other day I found the girl I was looking for and I now I'm asking for your help to return this earring to her."

"Once again what does this have to do with me?"

"Well the girl I need help returning this earring to is no other than your friend Cindy."

~~~~~~~~

"Candice where are you taking me?" Cindy replies after being dragged out of the house by Candice with little information of where she was taking her.

"I can't tell you because its a surprise."

"Did you really have to blind fold me though?"

"You ask too many questions and yes."

"Well you have the tendency to give an answer to most of my questions." Cindy retorted.

"Oh shush you will thank me later for this."

~~~~~~

"Candice are we almost there?"

"Yes  gosh you complain so much."

"I just want to take this blindfold off and I really don't like surprises." Cindy says when she felt the car stop.

"Can I take the blind fold off now?"

"No. Hold on I will help you get out of the car."

Once Cindy gets out of the car, she feels her feet hit grass and she smells fresh water. She can't really figure out where Candice took her.

They stopped walking and Candice told her she can take the blind fold off. When Cindy took off the blind fold, she wasn't expecting the scenery in front of her. In front of her was a deck with a table and 2 chairs, behind the deck was grass and beyond that there was lake water. The trees surrounding the table were covered in lanterns and fairy lights.

"Um Candice why did you bring me here?"

"Because I told her to." Cindy jumps at new voice with Jayce approaching them from behind one of the trees.

"Why?" Cindy asked, puzzled.

"I can take it from here Candice." Jayce said.

'Bye Cindy have fun!" Cindy says while running back to her car. After Candice left, Cindy left a hand intertwining with hers. She looks down to see Jayce's hand in hers. She looked up at Jayce with a questioning look.

"Just trust me and follow." Jayce says to her with a smile. Cindy hesitantly follows him and he leads her to one of the chairs. Jayce pulls it out for her and she sat and gave her appreciation.

"So what am I here for?" she asked him.

"I just want to get to know you better."

"Why?I'm no where near like the people that are in the popular crowd."

"I want to get to know you better because I'm not the person you think I am. To be honest, I hate getting all this attention. Aiden is my one and only true friend. I also like how you are not like every other girl besides Candice that tries everything to get my attention."

"Did my step sisters set this up to humiliate me?" Cindy asks quietly.

"No this is all me."

~~~~~~

After they finished eating, they talked more about themselves. Cindy realized she had Jayce all wrong. He was a very nice and sweet guy. He just never had the opportunity to show it to her.

Jayce took out a remote and after he pressed a button, Cindy heard Thinking Out Loud come on. She looked around her to see where the music was coming from. She noticed there was a stereo with an iPod plugged in. A hand came into her line of view. Cindy felt the deja vu all over again from the ball.

"Care to dance?" Jayce asks her.

"Sure." she replies while taking his hand. He brought her close to him and held on her tight, Cindy rested her head on his chest and they continued to slowly dance.

~~~~~~~

The song ended and Cindy felt Jayce pull away. She looked up to see Jayce pull something out of his pocket. Her eyes widened when she saw it was the earring she lost.

Jayce looked straight into her eyes. "I know it was you who I danced with at the ball."

"How did you find out?" Cindy asked, surprised.

"The other day I saw you carrying a black and white mask towards Candice. It was the same mask the girl I danced with had. So here I  am now returning the earring that belongs to you."

"Actually the earring belongs to Candice I just borrowed them but thanks for returning it." 

Jayce laughs in reply. "No problem but I do have a question to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Do you want to hang out and keep getting to know each other better?"

Cindy smiles. "I would love to."