Chapter 4

It's the night of the masquerade ball. Cindy is in the boutique waiting for Hedi to come in so Cindy can go to the ball. Cindy was really nervous. She really doesn't want to get caught by Shirley. Shirley came into the boutique earlier with Phoebe and Mercedes all dressed up for the ball to Cindy that she will be back to make sure Cindy was still at the store after the ball was over. Hedi came in half hour later.

"Thank you so much for doing this."

"No problem. I know how Shirley is.That is cruel of her not to let you go to the ball and have you working here." Cindy smiled in response.

Soon Cnadice came in with Cindy's dress in the black garment bag with another bag containing the mask and heels. Cindy  and Candice head towards the backroom to get Cindy ready. After Candice curls Cindy's hair, she tells her to put on her dress. Then, Candice handed Cindy her mask and shoes.

Cindy opens the bag and pulls out the two items. She gasped when she saw the mask. It was black with pearls and black and white feathers. The mask matched perfectly with her dress.The heels had a criss-crossed pattern.

"Candice, you are truly the greatest friend a girl can ask for."

"I know. Now let's get you to the ball."