Chapter 5

Jayce was standing against the wall just looking around the ballroom. People were dancing while others were having conversations. A lot of girls came up to him hoping to dance with him. They were soon disappointed when he rejected them. Everything went silent. Jayce and others in the room turned their heads towards the staircase.

There stood a beautiful girl. Her blonde hair was curled, her white dress fit her body like glove, the heels made her legs look longer, and she had a black and white mask covering her eyes. She walked down the stairs gracefully with people whispering about who this girl can be.

Jayce knew he had to get a dance with this girl. He pushed himself from the wall and headed towards the girl.

~~~~~

Cindy thought she was nervous before the ball. She felt even more nervous now when everyone stopped and stared at her on the staircase. She shook off her nerves and walked down the staircase with everyone whispering. She got down to the last step and just stood there awkwardly because she doesn't know what to do. Candice left to have conversations with her other friends.

Cindy turned around when she heard a voice behind her.

"You look like you need some company." She realized the voice belonged to Jayce.

"Oh um I could use the company."

Jayce grins. "Great would you like to dance?"

"Sure." He led her to the dance floor.

So This is Love came on and Jayce pulled Cindy close to him.

"So did you came here alone?" he asked her.

"No I came here with a friend, but she left to have conversations with other people. "

Soon the song came into an end. Cindy pulled back from Jayce's embrace.

"Thanks for the dance."

"No problem, but would you like to go out into the gardens so we can get to know each other?"

Cindy hesitated. Then she thought to take the risk. They sat down on the bench.

"So what's your name sweetheart?" Cindy panicked. She didn't want Jayce to know her name.

"Lets keep that a mystery." Jayce just smiled.

"Oh well then I'm Jayce." Cindy already knew that but she kept that thought to herself. Jayce suddenly was reaching for her mask. Cindy was panicking again. Before he could take the mask off, Cindy felt her phone vibrate.

"I'm sorry." She took out her phone to see a message from Candice saying they had to leave before Shirley comes to the boutique.Cindy was relieved.

"I hate to cut this short, but I have to go." Cindy got up and started to run to the ballroom and to the entrance where Candice was waiting.
~~~~~

Jayce frowned when the girl got up from the bench and started to run. He was enjoying his time with her. He wanted to take off her mask to find out who she was. Before he could, he was interrupted. She took out her phone and read the text message. She told him she had to leave. At the same moment she got up, so did he. He couldn't catch up with her. Everyone was in his way.

He finally caught to her. Before he could stop her, he noticed she dropped an earring. He picked it up hoping the girl noticed her earring fell. Jayce was disappointed when the girl was not in front of him anymore.