Chapter 8

Cindy excitedly sat in her seat. It was finally graduation day. It was the day she was graduating Cornell University. Her name was called and Cindy walked up to the stage to get her diploma. As she was walking up to the stage, she heard clapping from her fellow classmates and then yelling from the only people who would congratulate her that way. After receiving her diploma, she turned to crowd and waved at Jayce, Candice and Aiden who were standing up and clapping wildly still congratulating her. Cindy sat back down in her seat and waited for the rest of the students to receive their diplomas.

~~~~~

Once graduation was over, Cindy threw her cap in the air, literally flew out of her seat and ran to look for Jayce, Candice, and Aiden. She found them standing under a tree conversing with each other. As Cindy was coming closer to them, Candice noticed her presence. Candice ran to Cindy giving her a bone crushing hug.

"You did it. You graduated college! And I missed you so much!" Candice went to Julliard to pursue her ballet career. Cindy hasn't seen her in a while with occasional visits here and there.

"I missed you! I know you are happy to see me, but can you let go now? I'm running out of oxygen." Candice laughed and released her. Aiden was next to hug her. After Jayce and Cindy got closer, Aiden became a brother see never had. Aiden released her from his hug. Cindy turned to Jayce seeing him with arms wide open.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled into his chest. Jayce wrapped his arms around her shoulders and kissed the top of her head. "Congratulations. I'm so proud of you babe." Cindy looked up with a smile and gave him a quick peck. "Thank you." Cindy and Jayce became a couple when they were sophomores in college. Jayce and Aiden went to NYU to pursue their Biology and Philosophy careers.

"Onto the next chapter of our lives." Jayce whispers to Cindy.