Chapter 2

Cindy wakes up to her alarm ringing. She sits up, yawning, while turning off her alarm. She stretches, then gets out of bed, and opens her closet to look for an outfit. She takes out a brown, lace dress and a sky, blue cardigan. She added in a cream headband and stepped in her black flats then headed downstairs. Of course, it was quiet. Her stepsisters are probably at school already. Her stepmom probably in the back office of Shirley's Boutique. All that could be heard was the white Persian cat purring in its sleep. Cindy took a granola bar and an apple for herself before heading out the door for school.

~~~~~~~

When Cindy walked through the gates of Franklin High, her friend Candice ran up to her  linking her arm with Cindy's.

"Ready to face another day in this place?" she asked Cindy.

Cindy just gave out a sigh. She has just a few months before graduating and moving away as far away as possible from her stepmother and sisters. She hopes that she got accepted to Cornell University, it had always been her dream school.

When Cindy and Candice passed by Jayce's locker, Cindy couldn't help but roll her eyes. Of course he was surrounded by people. She wasn't surprised to see Phoebe and Mercedes, her two stepsisters, being part of the crowd. They were horribly trying to get Jayce's attention. Cindy scoffed at their failed attempts.

"I don't know why everyone treats him as if he is a celebrity just because he is popular and football quarterback." said Cindy as she and Candice continued walking to class.

~~~~~~~~

Jayce turned towards Cindy and her friend as they were walking by. Not only was he attracted to Cindy, he liked that she wasn't asking for his attention like everyone else does. He wanted to get to know her better, but never got to do so because he can never be alone without someone being next to him. He had to come up with a way to get to know Cindy before Senior year is over.