final

"GET THE FUCK UP AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR"
Your eyes shot open. Lights were blaring around you. You were laying on top of Tom. Footsteps were spreading throughout the room, and people were shouting. You didn't know what was going on. Tom shifted underneath you, and you felt his body jolt.
"GET THE FUCK UP NOW"
you sat up and saw that cops were spread throughout the room, holding up guns. Your heart started to beat fast. You'd realized what happened. You'd all fallen asleep, and Kunstler had gotten arrested too, so there was no one to wake you up. They didnt show up to the station. This might be more jail time. You were terrified. Your eyes filled with tears. A police officer was coming toward Tom, who was standing up, and you shot onto him, holding onto his body as tightly as you could. The police officer tried to pull you off of him, but you wouldn't budge.
"Y/n, you have to let me go." Tom croaked out. You shook your head and held him tighter.
"Officer I'm sorry, just give me one-" Tom was cut off. By the officer grabbing you by the shirt and flunging you back onto the couch. You hit your head, and your ears were ringing, but you wouldn't let them take him. You stumbled back up, and saw that all of your friends were being handcuffed and taken away. You ran up to Tom, and grabbed his face, kissing him passionately. The officer tore you off of him. Tom smiled at you with tear filled eyes, and just like that, he was gone. You fell to your knees. Bernadine came up behind you and put a hand on your shoulder. You were in shock. Just 2 minutes ago you'd had him in your arms, and now he was gone, and you'd never get him back. You started to sob. Your already broken heart shattered into more pieces than you thought were possible. You fell to the ground and let out a guttural scream. Bernadine ran away, probably to go shoot up or something. The door was still open, so the whole neighborhood could probably hear your cries, but you didn't care.
"I WANT TOM." You screamed.
"PLEASE BRING HIM BACK."
You writhed on the floor, nothing you were doing was able to relieve the pain that you now felt in your heart. He wasn't yours anymore. He was alone. Your friends were gone. You'd never love again. You were alone. Tom was gone. You needed him. Why did he have to go? Why the fuck did he have to put himself in such stupid fucking dangerous situations? You needed him here. You'd never hold him again. You needed to do something. You were in a state of mania. As your head raced with unanswerable questions, you felt yourself crawling to your feet. You needed to save him. You felt your sanity leaving you. You raced out the door, stumbling over the steps. You ran down the street, sobbing loudly. You ran and ran until you felt hands grab you and pull you back. You didn't know who it was, but you didn't give a shit. You struggled against the arms, needing to find Tom. They were going to hurt him. The arms were stronger than you and pulled you around.
"LET ME GO!" You screamed. The person shushed you.
"Please, y/n, calm down, it's me, it's Joe." A voice said. You stopped struggling and looked up. It was Weinglass. The sight of his familiar face made your breathing slow a bit, and you realized how exhausted you were. You slumped down, and Weinglass fell to his knees to catch you.
"Hey, hey it's okay, just breathe, alright" he whispered, as you started to have a panic attack. You couldn't breathe. You were so tired and sad and confused and terrified that your breath had escaped you. You looked up at Weinglass, who was trying to do some slow breathing exercises with you. You tried to follow along with him, but it wasn't working. You felt your whole body start to violently shake. You just needed Tom. You knew he could no longer help you. The trauma of the miscarriage, the loss of your love, and the crumbling of your ambitious, hard exterior was yours alone to deal with. You were eventually able to breath in and out slowly with Weinglass's help. You looked around to see that a crowd had gathered around you. Police were clearing people away. You heard murmurs.
"Isnt that Tom Hayden's girlfriend?"
"Is she okay?"
"Is that who he left Sandra Cason for?"
You hid in Weinglass's large coat. The crowd grew larger. A cop helped you both get into a cab and go back to Kunstler's house. You fell asleep on the car ride home. You woke up on the couch. Weinglass and Bernadine were by the fireplace, chatting somberly. You sat up and looked at them.
"What's going on?" You asked tiredly. Bernadine rushed up to you.
"Are you okay y/n? You had kind of an episode." She stated. You sighed and pulled your knees up to your chest, resting your head on top of them.
"I guess." You sniffled. You weren't. You felt the tears come back. It probably hadn't even been two hours and yet you missed Tom so terribly you thought you might burst. And abbie, and Jerry, and even poor Rennie. You were glad Bernadine was here, though. And Weinglass. You started to weep, just wishing Tom could come sweep you off you feet and hold you until you felt better. But he couldn't. He was probably already cold, and tired, and alone in a cell somewhere. You knew you'd see him again tomorrow for the sentencing, but it wasn't the same. You wouldn't be able to hug him goodbye, or kiss him. You'd have to wave, and that'd be that. You'd probably end up making a scene there, too. You hoped you could maintain your composure, for Tom's sake, but you weren't sure you'd ever be composed again.