lover?

"Abbie how could you let her do this?"
"I'm sorry Tom, I- she seemed- I dunno I thought she could handle it I mean she's done it before and I just thought"
"She cracked her fucking head open, you couldn't find it in your little pea sized intoxicated brain to keep an eye on her? And especially in her state of mind? God dammit Abbie!"
You heard these voices grow louder and louder as you came to. You groggily opened your eyes to find a white, unfamiliar ceiling. You looked over to see an IV in your arm, and realized that your head was pounding in pain. You grunted in discomfort, and saw a head pop into your line of vision. It was a very pretty face with a very concerned expression upon it. You couldn't quite remember why you were here, but you knew Tom Hayden when you saw him.
"Y/n." He said, grabbing your hand and sitting down by your bedside. You grunted again, the pain in your head too overbearing to form words. Your body was violently shaking from the cold. You were on the line between conscious and unconscious. You gave Tom a confused look.
"C-cold, c-cold." You muttered. To your surprise, Tom understood you, and got up to get something. He came back with the familar green sweater that he used to wear back in the 60's. Your heart swelled when you felt the soft fabric. Tom sat you up a bit, and pulled the sweater down over your head, chuckling when it got stuck on your IV cord. He made quick work of disconnecting it momentarily, pulling the sweater fully onto you, and rolling the sleeve back up to re-connect your plug. You grabbed some of the fabric and pulled it up over your nose, savoring how much it smelled like him. A mix of cologne, cigarettes, and vanilla. A particularly large surge of pain caused your consciousness to slip again, and you fell under briefly. You woke back up to see that Abbie had joined Tom, and was placing a flower in your hair. You did your best to smile at him through the overarching throbbing that was occurring in your noggin. Tom sat on the chair beside you, staring at the floor with wide eyes and bouncing his leg up and down. You wanted to comfort him, but you felt too shitty to even move.
"Abbie." You whispered. Abbie leaned over to give you a friendly kiss on the forehead, which made Tom tense his fist a little bit, but he quickly relaxed when you rubbed your thumb against his hand, letting him know it was alright. Your memory was really shoddy at this moment, you didn't really know what your relationships to these people were, only that Tom was something like a lover to you and Abbie was a friend. You didn't know how you'd got there, what had led to these relationships, and why your goddamn head hurt so bad.
"What's happening?" You slurred, squeezing Tom's hand. Tom furrowed his brows and looked back at Abbie, who shrugged. Tom turned his gaze back to you, and looked very hesitant to say anything.
"Um- you know where you are, right?" Tom inquired, rubbing his thumb against your hand. You shook your head.
"No idea, my head really hurts though." You muttered. Tom nodded slowly.
"Surely you know who you are?" He stated, his shoulders starting to rise and fall more quickly. You pondered for a second.
"Y/n- I'm y/n. You're my boyfriend, aren't you." You giggled, booping Tom's nose affectionately. Tom tensed his jaw and went bright red. Abbie let out a bellow and have Tom a hearty slap on the back.
"Yup, that's your boyfriend, alright!" Abbie said between chuckled. You beamed. You were glad to have such a handsome boyfriend. And he'd given you his sweater, which was nice of him.
"I-I'm um- I- I'm your friend, y/n." Tom stuttered, avoiding your gaze and dropping your hand. You paused and furrowed your brows. You distinctly remember what this man's penis looks like. You know you've had sex with him, and friends don't usually have sex. You decided to confront him.
"No- because I have sexual memories of you. If I know one thing I'm not the type of gal to bang her buddies." You said, puffing your chest. Tom shot a hand to his forehead, and you saw from underneath his fingers that his face was a shade of dark, dark red.
"It's complicated. Definitely too complicated for someone who can hardly remember our names." Abbie chuckled. Tom nodded.
"Yeah. It's not a simple situation, y/n." Tom added. You cocked your head to the side and shrugged.
"So, why am I here?" You asked. Tom and Abbie exchanged looks.
"You uh- ya hit your little head there, y/n." Abbie explained. That's what you'd asssumed.
"But I'm not gonna like- die or anything." You said softly.
"No- no no- no god no. No you're alright. Just a bit of bed rest, I bet." Abbie bellowed. You let out a sigh of relief and relaxed into the pillows behind you. Tom looked up at you and gave you a small smile. You felt your stomach go all fluttery and you let out a small giggle, which made Tom blush again. All of the sudden, you heard a door open and in walked a nurse with bright red hair.
"Hi sweetie." She said in a thick southern accent. You waved to her and smiled half heartedly. She took out a clipboard, but not before turning her attention to Tom.
"Tom Hayden?" She spluttered out, her cheeks hinted with a tinge of red. Tom jolted in surprise and turned to look at her, his face immediately drained of color.
"Oh um- hi Lyra." He replied, giving her a small wave. Lyra took a deep breath and walked over to sit down by your bedside. You wondered how she knew your half friend half sex partner person. Did he have sex with her too? Nevertheless, it made your heart fill with a sense of jealousy. You liked the way he made you feel and you didn't feel like sharing. You watched the way she would sneak flirtatious glances at him as she took your vitals. It made you want to stand up and start yelling at her. Why was he making you feel this way? You didn't like it. It made you feel like a bitch, to have such a strong distaste for another woman. You bit your lip as she injected you with something.
"When you wake up, your memory loss shouldn't be a problem anymore. Should be about an hour or so. In the meantime, Tom and I could-" Tom cut her off.
"Lyra, seriously." Tom spat, focusing on your hand, which was rested in his. Lyra scoffed.
"Cmon darlin, it'll be just like old times!" She chimed in.
"He said no, sugarpuss, now get outta here." Abbie spat. You felt your consciousness fading as Lyra slammed the door.