Chapter One: A New Beginning

It was raining. Ryuko sat in her bed looking at the closet she hung Senketsu on every night. Her eyes began to swell with tears with thought of him. The image of his flaming death was replaying over and over in her head. She blinked hard and brushed her tears off. The sun began to set. Mako and her family are beginning to finish dinner by the sounds of clinking dishes in their sink. Ryuko quickly laid down and covered herself in the warm blankets. She laid facing away from the entrance to the room. She didn't want anybody to know she was crying. Footsteps were nearing the door and a sudden click of the door helped Ryuko know that Mako was trying to sneak in the room without waking her. As Mako was still in Ryuko's presence Ryuko turned to face Mako. Mako was looking and her with questioning eyes. "Why didn't you eat with us" Ryuko stuttered, and looked away in shame. Mako smiled and hugged Ryuko tightly. "Don't worry Ryuko, we have eachother." Ryuko hugged Mako back and began to shed tears once more. Mako had no idea how to cheer Ryuko up. Mako began to feel uncomfortable. "Uhh" muttered Mako. Ryuko realized that she was putting mako in an uncomfortable position and let go of her immediately . Ryuko sat looking down in shame. Mako was staring at her blank faced. Ryuko looked up and met eyes with Mako. Mako paused for a moment then smiled making Ryuko half smile while a tear was streaming down her face. The rest of the family came in the room. It was time to sleep.