Four

Jimin's POV

It was the middle of the day when a loud alarm echoed in the small room of the studio. I groaned with my palm immediately hitting my head as I groggily opened my eyes. I woke up to a different setting taking me a moment to realize where I was.

I searched for my phone to turn off the raging alarm while I sat myself up, half dazed. I checked my phone to see the time but only to find countless message notifications from Yeji. Taking in my surroundings, I saw an empty bottle of soju beside me and I think another one on the table across the room. A sudden pain hit my head making me rub my temples.

I groaned, "Fuck, what happened?"

I opened up the messages to see if they could help her remember anything.

YEJI

Y: Hey, just checking in. Are you sure you're fine?

Y: You're not responding so I'm assuming you're crying right now.

Y: Hey look, a friend of mine is holding a party this saturday, how about I take you with me to get your mind off Soobin?

Y: Look you know I wouldn't force you to do anything you don't want to but it's just an option.

Y:Text me if you change your mind alright?

Y: Don't drink too much now Jimin, you'll regret it I'm telling you now

I stared at the phone, "Oh right... Soobin."

*flashback*

"5 minutes left Jimin... are you alright?" Yeji looked at me, eyeing my fidgeting hands.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I put up a smile hiding the small bit of pain and disappointment I was feeling. Grasping tighter on the flyer I didn't even realize I was holding.

None of them came.

Plenty of strangers came, ranging from little toddlers with their families to old couples walking by.

But not him. Them.

Not Soobin. Not even Minjeong. Minjeong wasn't even supposed to come but there was a small part of me hoping she'd show up anyways.

But Soobin... I even called him a few minutes before the gallery was gonna open, 30 minutes into the opening, an hour later... And soon enough it was almost midnight already.

All of it.

All my calls went to voicemail.

The hour hand finally struck 12 and I closed up the gallery. I thanked Yeji and some of my friends for visiting. Yeji was worried about me but I just sent her home. At the time I really just needed a bit of space and some alone time.

I locked the front doors of the gallery and let the moonlight be the only source of light shining into the gallery. I stared off, zoning out a bit before making my way to the back. I went straight to the minifridge I had kept whenever I'd stay overtime to work on my things.

I grabbed a few bottles of soju and the next thing I knew I was on the couch with tears rolling down my cheek nonstop. At that point, I didn't know what to feel. My thoughts and emotions were all jumbled up into a mess.