Nine [M]

Third Person POV

Fumbling with her keys, her hands shaking, her cheek stinging, and her leg bruised, Jimin finally managed to get into her shared apartment. She threw her purse somewhere in the living room and went straight for the bedroom. She fell onto the bed and immediately started bawling and crying her heart out.

She was over him.

She was.

But there was something else weighing her heart down.

Minjeong.

She knew Minjeong hated seeing her in this state. She grabbed her chest and hugged herself tight. Never-ending tears streamed down her cheeks as her thoughts spiraled into darkness.

How could she involve sweet Minjeong in her messy life?

How was she supposed to show Minjeong she was strong when she couldn't even win against Soobin?

She curled into a ball and wallowed in hatred for at least another hour. It was until then that she felt her tears dry up. Mustling the courage to walk herself to the restroom, she took a good look at the person in the mirror staring back at her.

A puffy-eyed woman with messed up hair, a slight tint of pink on her cheek, and a small cut on the corner of her lip. She looked down and even saw a bruise forming on her right leg from the big fall she had taken earlier.

Jimin splashed her face with water and cleaned herself up. The least she could do was not make Minjeong worry about her all over again so she changed into a pair of sweats and took some concealer to hide the cut or at least make it less noticeable.

-

Later that evening Minjeong came home exhausted after hours-long lectures, more work from her managers at work, and many frustrating equations. She came home apologizing to Jimin for eating dinner without her because she truly wanted to pass out when she got home. Jimin didn't mind. If anything, she was relieved her interaction with Minjeong was cut short.

However, the older girl's short responses didn't go unnoticed. Minjeong found it a little strange but the lack of energy overtook whatever she was thinking at that time and went straight for her little mattress.

The next morning came and Jimin woke up still feeling a mess. She reached over to the other side of the bed only to find it empty. She assumed Minjeong had left for her classes already.

She sat up and stayed in bed for a little bit. Her nervous habit getting the best of her as she chewed on her nails. After a couple of minutes of hopeless thinking, she decided she needed a long shower. Her plan for the day was to lock herself in her gallery and hopefully let her emotions out into her art.

Thoughts of yesterday's event couldn't leave Jimin's mind. She still couldn't believe it all. First, he blames her and expects HER to apologize and then he goes ahead and tries to victimize himself?! The anger was rushing through her blood all over again. And then there was that painful slap. If she knew how abusive Soobin would become she would have never dated him let alone gotten engaged to him.

The anger quickly turned into sadness. After hearing him say he felt forced by his parents she questioned whether he ever loved her the way she loved him. She sighed deeply and decided it was time to get out of the shower.

She stepped out of the shower like a mindless drone following the daily routine, throwing on her clothes with her mind off elsewhere. Since she was home alone she didn't bother covering up her cut and walked out of the restroom straight into the living room.