A New Year

TW: MENTION OF RAPE AND SELF HARM

Gon POV

I sit up, I didn't really sleep last night. Maybe a hour or two. I turn my body to get off my bed. When my feet hit the ground I walk to the closet to get some new clothes for school today. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, today's the first day of senior year. Not a big deal if you ask me, but to everyone else it seems to be. I sigh and pick out a simple black shirt with some Japanese writing, black ripped jeans, and black platformed boots. I walk to the bathroom to take my shower.

Timeskip; after Gons shower

I walk into the kitchen and look in the fridge to see if there's anything good to eat, which surprise surprise, there's not. I walk out and walk to the bus stop, to start another year of utter hell. The only good part of school is I get Ms. Bisky's class again, she's my favorite teacher considering in her class, I feel protected. The kids at school aren't exactly the most 'welcoming' to me. I finally make it to the stop and sit at the bench. I look around to see if there are any potential bullies there. I look to my side and see a bit with white hair wearing a pink pastel hoodie with only yellow and one blue sleeve. The fluffy haired boy looks at me, when I realize who it is, I quickly break eye contact with him. 'Shit.'

He isn't my bully, not at all. I've heard of him, I mean who hasn't heard of Killua Zoldyck? He's well known like me, but for.. positive reasons. "Hey," He says, I assume he's talking to one of his popular friends. Maybe his sister, Alluka, she goes Hunter High as well. "Hey!" He says slightly louder. I realize nobody's came to this bus stop but me and Killua. I look the opposite direction of Killua. 'Why the hell is he trying to talk to me?' I ask myself. Maybe it's because I was staring. "Hey, uhm, raven-haired boy!" He says. I finally glare at him, "What?" His eyes kinda widen. "I- Uhm.." Killua hums. I raise an eyebrow. "Well?" I ask. "Right, uh. What's your name?" He asks. I take my gaze off of him and look up at the clouds. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him do the same. "Gon," I reply. "Cool, I'm Kil-" "-Killua Zoldyck, I know," I cut him off. "Oh, well. Want to be-" "-No," I say. "Wh-" he gets cut off by the bus pulling up.

"Look, pretty boy, if you don't want your precious reputation ruined, stay away from me," I say to him, then I get on the bus. I hear a small grunt from him as I walk up the stairs to the bus. I walk to the back where nobody else is, and sit. I hear footsteps getting closer. "Please don't be-" I hear someone sit next to me, I look over to see Killua. "Yeah, you're not getting rid of me," He says. I roll my eyes. 'What's his deal? I'm not gonna be his friend, I'm a lost cause.' I mentally scream. He's just an idiot. An utter idiot. I turn to the window. "Hey— Don't ignore me!" He practically yells. I sigh. 'He'll give up eventually.' I think. Killua sighs. "Come on!" He says, moving closer to me. "Cut it out, pretty boy, I clearly don't wanna talk to you," I say to him. "Ah- I'm not a pretty boy," He says. I turn to him, look him up and down, not in a sexual way of course, lock eyes with him, and raise an eyebrow. "Sure," I say, turning back to the window. "Why you-" Killua gets cut off by the bus stopping. I saw it coming, but from what it sounds like, Killua almost slid out of his seat. I stand up and walk off the bus and to the school doors. "Wait, wait!" Shouts Killua. 'God, he better not be talking to me.' I speed up.

He chases. I practically speed into the building and disappear into the crowd, still running, I bump into someone. "Watch it, freak." 'Fuck.' I look up and there stood Kenji Altotz. Beside him was Fano and Harno, the Curu twins. "Oh look who it is~" Says Fano. "Look I really need to get goin-" I try to stand up, but get pushed down. "You're not going anywhere until we're finished with you, freak." Kenji says. He's too cocky for his own good. But, it's not like I'm strong enough to defend myself. So I just close my eyes and hope for the best.