What Deal?

Illumi was never a man who spoke his mind. He was trained to stay composed in even the most dire situations. But for some reason, he broke when he saw you. The woman at his side looked at his in surprise and agony. But i'm your woman. She had no idea what Chai'anne meant to either of them.

Chai'anne, unlike all the other woman they have treated with, is independent. She is different. She's been there for them from the start. She's trained along side them, she's suffered with them, she's endured the same pain, and while they might not be able to bring a smile upon their face, she still holds it. They admire her, they know what she's been through. She lost her mother at a young age, she ran from home and endured immense pain on her own just to be able to defend herself. Yet how does she manage to enjoy her life? How can she stand so confident with those scars covering her body and all the hidden damage her life has gifted her? This is why she's different. She manages to withhold herself regardless of her past. They saw this, and they fell in love.

Illumi held your hand, on his knees. A single drop escaped his dark eyes. His lips trembled full of sadness. How did i ever let her go? No words left his mouth, no sounds, but his eyes spoke for him. His touch was gentle, as gentle as you remember.

"How long have I been gone?" Chai'anne asks.

"8 months." Hisoka answered.

His face looked tired. To everyone else he would appear normal, but Chai realized.

"Where have you been?"

"S-so we never made that deal??"

"What deal?"

"You never took me to the blood moon ball? I never joined the troupe? Nothing?"

"I don't know what you're talking about..."

(Chai'anne's POV)

I felt my heart break. I thought this would be the case but coming here and hearing them say it... It hurts. Everything we did... nothing happened? How...?

It all felt so real.

But now i see Illumi, and I realize that that wasn't him. And i see Hisoka and i realize that wasn't him either. They would've never acted the way they did towards me. A competition? They would've said no immediately. Having to fight for love? How naïve was I? To think they loved me. Ha.

I wonder how Chrollo is...

(Normal POV)

"I-i have to go..." you started.
"Meet me at my spot tomorrow at 8. The three of you, including Chrollo." You stated.

Your spot being the restaurant only they knew about, your special place.

You walked away from the scene, leaving them awe struck and word-less in their own living space.

So they would see you tomorrow, but for what?

(this chapter was kind of a filler chapter preparing for what's to come ;)