six

delilah was abruptly disrupted, mid-slumber, by her roommate, valentina.

"god damn it, get up you stupid cracker!" valentina yelled at the girl jokingly. xe placed down the pillow they were violently smacking delilah with, ripping the blanket off her chest and shaking her awake.

"lilah, get the fuck up! we kinda-have to stream in a few hours. you look incredibly ugly right now, by the way." valentina told her, delilah groaning in annoyance but still raising her head off the pillow and sitting up.

delilah walked out of the bright bedroom they slept in, their hair brushing the back of her neck.

valentina looked as if they were about to explode with excitement. delilah looked at xem, her eyebrows furrowed. in one swift motion, valentina grabbed delilah wrist, dragging them into the living room.

"look what came in the mail today!" valentina exclaimed in a sing-song voice.

xe seemed as they were holding something close behind xeir back. delilah let out a small laugh, motioning for the brunette to show what was so special.

behind valentinas back, was of course! just a new plant that xe have been waiting to arrive for the past month or so. nevertheless, delilah acted as if it was the best news she had ever heard for the sake of their best friend.

"shit, really? that's awesome, tina!" delilah responded, she plastered a wide smile on their face, grabbing valentinas wrists in faux excitement.

after a few moments of valentina expressing their excitement, delilah excused herself to go answer a call from their mother.

"mama? what's up?" delilah questioned to her mother. though delilah and her mother were close, they usually didn't receive calls from her.

"can't a woman call her daughter?" bernadette clèments joked. the older woman longed for her daughter to come home. she wholeheartedly supported her daughter's career, but she wished it brought them closer to home.

"alright, alright. how are you?" delilah flopped backwards onto her bed, their head landing softly onto a pillow. delilah and bernadette continued light conversation for a couple minutes, her mother 'letting them go' and saying her goodbyes. after the call ended, delilah sighed; letting out a small laugh after. she leaned to the side, grabbing a bottle of water from the bedside table.

she stood up from her comfortable position on the bed, sitting down in her gaming chair. delilah felt theodores fur brushing against their leg as she filed through long, structured emails.

valentina tipped their head through delilahs door.

"hey, lilah. are you ready?" xe asked, tapping their leg in excitement. delilah nodded happily in return, pulling up a chair for valentina.

delilah quickly pulled up the twitter website, switching from their main to their alt, tweeting out that she was about to be live with valentina.

after a moment of preparing the stream, valentina hit the start stream button. after a minute of silence, viewers began flooding into the chat.

"good afternoon, chat!" delilah greeted with a wide grin on their face. valentina also gave a hello, wrapping xeir arm around delilahs shoulder. delilah fell back a bit, leaning into her bestfriends touch.