001

____________________
Chapter 1!
The Break Up
____________________

"Where's James?" Juli asked, trying to seem calm as she stormed into the Gryffindor common room. Her best friend Nico was at her side and he looked pissed.

Everyone in the room turned to face them and stepped out of the way, making a straight path towards James.

"When were you going to tell me huh?!" Juli asked once she had reached James.

"Tell you what?" James' eyebrows were crinkled in confusion. This was usually something that Juli found cute but, now that she knew the truth about their relationship, she couldn't find anything cute about him anymore.

Juli took a deep breath, trying to stop herself from yelling at him, "When were you going to tell me that you were just using me to make Sabrina jealous?"

"What?" James still looked quite confused but looking into his eyes, Juli could see how he truly felt. His eyes looked sad, maybe he felt bad for her?

Juli turned to look at Nico, begging him to take over for her. She knew if she said anything else she'd most likely start crying. She could already feel the tears prickling her eyes.

"Stop playing dumb!" Nico shouted, taking the whole common room by surprise, including Juli. He was usually a quiet and sweet boy and Juli had expected him to take a calm approach to their current predicament. "I heard from a few reliable sources about your little 'plan' to win Sabrina back."

"Can I ask which 'reliable sources' you got this information from?"

"No, you can't. We all know it's true, we all see the way you look at Sabrina."

Deciding to zone out while the two boys argued, Juli glanced around the common room. Everyone's eyes were either on the two boys or on Juli. She took another deep breath when her eyes landed on Sabrina Hutchins, James' ex-girlfriend. The girl was drop dead gorgeous, Juli couldn't blame James for wanting to win her back. She just hated the way he had decided to do it.

Sabrina's eyes were on Juli and her face showed all kinds of different emotions, she looked confused, empathetic and angry all at the same time. Juli just couldn't figure out which emotion was aimed at her.

"Come on Jules, we're leaving." Nico said, pulling on Juli's arm, dragging her away from the common room and up the stairs towards the dormitories.

"I didn't break up with him..." Juli said, tears threatened to escape her eyes again and her chin started quivering.

Nico spotted this and pulled his best friend into a tight hug. This allowed Juli to let her emotions overtake her and she cried into Nico's shoulder.

"Don't worry, I think he knows it's over." Nico said softly.

Juli had expected this to calm her down, she had gone through so many break ups already that she thought she'd be used to it by now. This one was different though, she'd been dating James for almost a year and even though she saw the signs, she still decided to ignore them because of how much she liked him.

How could she have been so stupid?