005

____________________
Chapter 5!
A Kiss From Peter
____________________

The first thing Juli did when her family walked through the door was run to hug her brother. Despite seeing him only a few weeks ago, she had missed him like crazy.

"Hey! You haven't seen your mother and I for four months and the first person you hug is your brother?! Favouritism much!" Juli's father, Davey said. Juli released her brother from their hug and rolled her eyes at her father.

Juli's mother, Claire, playfully punched her husband's arm.

"Oh stop it, I'm sure Juli missed us too." She said and gave her daughter a soft smile.

"Of course I did!" Juli exclaimed and gave both of her parents a hug.

Just as Juli was about to lead her family to the rooms they'd be staying in overnight, there was another knock at the door.

"Who could that be?" Claire asked. "Did you invite anyone else?"

"Nico! Peter! Come into the living room." Juli called, then she turned to face her family and grinned at her mother. "I invited Peter's family, he's been missing them lately.

Claire gasped and rushed to open the door, "Elaine!" She said, giving her childhood best friend a hug.

"Claire! Oh how I've missed you."

Juli and the rest of her family gave Peter's family a quick greeting and then Juli ushered them into the living room.

Peter's eyes lit up at the sight of them. He ran up and gave his family a big group hug.

"What are you doing here?" Peter asked excitedly.

"Juli and Nico invited us, said you missed us." Peter's younger sister, Daisy, said.

"Never thought I'd see a day where you missed me." Erin, his older sister, chuckled.

"Oh, I only missed mum and dad." Peter joked giving his sisters a cheeky smile, Erin and Daisy rolled their eyes.

"Who's ready to open the gifts?" Elijah, Nico's father said, gesturing to the tree with what seemed like millions of presents scattered under it.

Claire and Elaine placed their sacks of presents under the tree, while the kids ran over to the tree in excitement.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Juli sat in front of the fire, sipping tea and munching on a gingerbread cookie. She felt completely knackered, it had been a long day full of fun.

Peter and Juli's families had gone back home and Nico and his parents had gone to bed. 

Juli wasn't sure where Peter had disappeared off to, he had gone into the kitchen 10 minutes ago and still hadn't returned. She was starting to get worried so quickly finishing off her tea, Juli walked into the kitchen to check up on Peter.

To her surprise, Peter wasn't in the Kitchen anymore. Maybe he had snuck past her and gone up to bed. Juli rinsed her cup and placed it in the dishwasher. She decided it was probably time for her to go up to bed now too. Looking up at the clock, it read 1:15am, it was definitely time for bed.

"Juli!" She heard someone whisper from the living room. She almost had a heart attack from the jump-scare they had given her.

"Peter?"

"Yeah, it's me. Come out I have something I want to give you."

Juli took some deep breaths to slow her heart rate down and then entered the living room. The room was completely dark except for the area in front of the fire place where Peter stood. He was holding a small gift in his hand.

"Another gift?" Juli asked with a soft smile. "You've already given me so many today."

"I wanted to give this one to you in private." Peter handed the gift over to Juli as she reached him.

"But I don't have another one to give to you..."

"That's okay Juli, just open it."

She did as he said, sitting down on the sofa. She ripped the wrapping paper off the gift, revealing a small red box. Inside the box was a small teddy bear charm.

"I noticed your charm bracelet was a little empty." Peter said, pointing to the bracelet on Juli's arm. The bracelet used to be adorned with charms. However, Juli had thrown them all out. Most of them were gifts from James. "And I saw this charm and immediately thought of you. It looks exactly like the teddy bear-"

"You gave me for Christmas when we were 10?" Juli smiled.

"Yeah." Peter returned the smile.

"I love it Pete, thank you."

They sat in silence for a few minutes, neither of them knew what to say.

Then out of nowhere Peter said, "Can I kiss you?"

This took Juli by surprise. A kiss from Peter? As a child Juli would've jumped at the opportunity. She'd had the biggest crush on him.

Now she wasn't so sure. She had noticed a little bit of feelings coming back in the past few months but she had thought that maybe she was just looking for a rebound. She didn't want to use Peter as a rebound.

"I don't know Pete-"

"I've wanted to kiss you since we were kids. I've always loved you Juli."

Butterflies started dancing in Juli's stomach.

"Okay." She said with a small smile.

Seconds later, their lips collided. During the kiss Juli realised that she still loved Peter. Not as much as she loved James though, she'd realise that soon.