011

____________________
Chapter 11!
Confusion
____________________

"Pete! I need to talk to you!" Daisy called out, running out of the Gryffindor common room towards Juli and Peter. They were on their way to breakfast.

Juli stood next to Peter, wondering what Daisy wanted to say to her brother. Daisy took a quick glance at Juli and said, "Alone."

Peter turned to Juli and gave her a peck on the cheek, "I'll meet you in the Great Hall."

"Okay." Juli nodded and continued on her way to the Great Hall. Once she got there she decided to sit down next to Nico at the Gryffindor table, she hadn't had much time to talk to him over the past few days. She'd been too busy with school work and studying, when she wasn't doing that she was trying to spend as much time with Peter as possible.

Nico looked up from his plate and gave Juli a small smile, "Long time, no see."

"Yeah, sorry. Been so busy with homework."

Nico nodded, "Same. I thought 7th year would've been easier than this."

"Only a few months to go." Juli giggled but then her smile quickly faded. Only a few months until she was finished at Hogwarts, only a few months of getting to see her friends everyday, only a few months until she had to enter the real world and find a job.

Nico seemed to read her mind, "I'm scared too. I'm going to miss Hogwarts."

"I don't even know what profession I want to go into! I always wanted to be a professional Quidditch player but that dream was crushed when I didn't get into the team..."

"Maybe you could teach Astronomy, you're top of the class."

Juli seemed to perk up at this. She was about to speak but then she noticed Peter storm into the Great Hall, a sour look on his face. He was glaring at the Gryffindor table.

At first, Juli thought he was glaring at Nico but after taking a second look at Peter and following his eyes, she realised he was looking right at James.

That wasn't even the most confusing thing. As Juli turned to look at James, she realised he was staring at her. He quickly looked away when their eyes met.
Before Juli had time to process this, Peter had stormed across the Great Hall and was now standing next to James. Peter was shouting, he was mad. Juli couldn't make out what he was saying, she was too far away to hear. She could tell that he was talking to James though.

Nico nudged Juli and asked, "What's going on over there?" 

Juli shrugged, "I have no idea."

"Shouldn't you go and find out? Aren't you curious?"

"Am I curious as to why my current boyfriend is yelling at my ex-boyfriend? Of course I am! But am I going to find out why? No, I trust Peter to tell me."

Juli turned back to face the two boys, a lot of the kids at the Gryffindor table were also watching them now. Peter had his back to Juli, James was facing her and was now standing up so he was face to face with Peter. Everything about him was calm. He spoke calmly, his facial expressions and body language were calm.

From Peter's body language, Juli could tell he was growing more frustrated the more James spoke. It would only be a matter of time until he lashed out. Juli had seen Peter in enough fights to know when one was about to start. She was getting quite frustrated with his temper lately.

Juli was given a fright as she watched Peter quickly pull his wand out of his back pocket. Without even thinking, she shouted his name as loud as she could. She ignored the stares of all the students and teachers in the Great Hall and stormed over. Then giving one quick glance to James, she pulled Peter out of the room.

"What the fuck were you thinking?! What's going on." Juli asked. Peter was still gripping his wand in his hand and still looked pissed.

"I don't want to talk about it." He said, avoiding looking into Juli's eyes. "I just want to beat his ass."

"Why? What has he done to you?"

Peter clenched his teeth, "I said I don't want to talk about it."

This set Juli off. She was mad now. "Look at me Peter!" He did, his face softened seeing the mixture of sadness and anger on her face. "You can trust me, just tell me what's going on."

"I can't Juli. I don't want to lose you." Peter had now slipped his wand back into his pocket and he looked on the verge of tears.

"Why would you lose me? I love you, Peter."

"You loved James too."

Juli was confused again now. She was also growing more annoyed as this conversation continued, "Yes, "loved." Past tense. He broke my heart. I don't love him anymore."

"Are you sure?"

Juli didn't mean to shout, it just happened naturally, "Yes, I'm sure! I love you, Peter Roberts!"

Peter looked deep into her eyes, trying to figure out if she was telling the truth. Her eyes never lied. Then he nodded his head and walked away. Leaving Juli more confused than ever.

At just the right time, Nico walked out, "Tell me everything."