010

____________________
Chapter 10!
A Midnight Chat
____________________

James sat in the eerily quiet common room alone. It was midnight, he couldn't sleep, his mind just kept racing with thoughts of Juli.

He kept thinking back to his conversation with Roxy over Christmas Break, and the night with Juli in the common room when he'd realised his feelings.

Suddenly he was startled by a voice coming from behind him, "James? Is that you?"

It was Sabrina. James didn't reply, he was frozen. He didn't know what to do. Sabrina walked over to the sofa and sat down next to him.

"I knew it was you, listen I need to talk to you."

James was finally able to move, he turned to look at her. His brown eyes met her amber ones. He didn't get the same funny feeling in his stomach the way he used to when he looked at her. He nodded.

"I think that plan of yours was a terrible idea."

James sighed, "I know. It was stupid."

"I don't know why you thought that seeing you with another girl would've made me jealous. We broke up for a reason, I didn't love you anymore."

James struggled to form a proper sentence, "I don't know either Sabrina... I don't know what I was thinking... It was the worst idea... I don't love you anymore either."

"You love Juli now don't you? I've seen the way you look at her."

James didn't say anything, he just nodded.

"Please don't try and do anything to ruin her relationship with Peter." Sabrina's face hardened. "I've heard her talking with some of the girls in our dorm, she's so happy!"

Suddenly getting defensive, James replied, "I'm not going to do anything! Do you really think I would?"

"I do." Sabrina said, a serious look on her face.

"Alright fine, maybe in the past I would've. But I've learnt from my mistakes."

Sabrina looked skeptical but she took one look into James' eyes and knew he was telling the truth.

"Good. I'm going to go up to bed now. You okay down here?"

James nodded, Sabrina got up to leave but froze abruptly when she saw someone quickly turn and run back up the stairs to the dormitories.

"Shit... I think one of the girls heard that whole conversation."

"WHAT?! Was it Juli?! Did it look like Juli?!"

"No, didn't look like her. It was definitely one of the younger girls though... Hopefully they're not a gossip... Or friends with Juli's brother."