Chapter 23: Aftermath

Author's Note: This book would just not be the same without this chapter. Alas, it's also the same chapter that made ff.net delete it and all of it's 600 reviews. Even more than Feudal Fairy Tale Begins Again . . . back then. It wasn't fair, it should have been graduated in, you know? Written before ff.net changed. That bitterness is the reason it took so long to bring it out. Then when I was like 'I really should, people really liked it', then I had trouble finding it. It had been so long. Still? It doesn't change how good this next chapter had been. I enjoyed it in the end.

I don't own Inuyasha or anything having to do with this show. I also don't own Keebler's crackers, Dr. Pepper, Swiss Miss Cocoa, Harry Potter, Ranma or whatever other bizarre things this fanfiction includes I may be mistaken to own. I make this entire story and all of it's chapters only for entertainment purposes, (and an excuse to avoid my homework:). I make no profit off of this fic, so please don't sue. You won't get much since I'm just a struggling college student.^^

Best Man Steals the Bride

By: Fondest Desire

Chapter Twenty-Three: Aftermath

Important: Try not to get confused, but love is tricky to explain sometimes.

-this is for the song

/-backslashes are flashbacks in the story/

Keep that straight and enjoy yourself!.

Day: Monday

Place: Inuyasha's Car

Time: 6:15 P.M.

Inuyasha quickly started his car up and continued to leave as quick as he could. 'Damn!' he bopped his head on the steering wheel. He felt so weird inside. 'Shit! Why am I acting like this? It was just a little kiss!'

Just then a song started to play on his radio as he started to drive home.

-People are talking, talking about people.

-I hear them whisper, you can't believe it.

-They think we're lovers, kept under covers.

-I just ignore it, but they keep saying…

-We laugh just a little too loud,

-We stand just a little too close…

/ Kagome kept laughing. “You could have, ha ha ha ahaha ha ha, just said so!”

Inuyasha brought her up to his chest to tickle the sides of her belly better. “That wouldn’t have been as much fun!” He laughed.

Kagome couldn’t take anymore. “Inuyasha!” she gave out her battle cry warning as she started to attack his feet.

“No, no, no! Not the feet, not the hahahhaahahahah!” Inuyasha couldn’t control himself, but he wouldn’t give in. He brought his chin down on her shoulder so she couldn’t escape as he started to tickle her sides more.

But at that moment, the door swung open./

Inuyasha didn't know why, but this song started to seem to make sense. 'Sounds like me and…'

-We stare just a little too long…

-Maybe their seeing, something we don't darlin'

/ Sango crossed her arms. “You two just don’t get it.” She said as she walked off./

Wait! Inuyasha my friend?