008 ﹐ CHANGE OF PLANS

CHAPTER EIGHT
change of plans

warnings!emetophobia triggers,parents being attacked, feelingsof isolation

warnings!
emetophobia triggers,
parents being attacked, feelings
of isolation

⌦ .。.:*♡

┊͙✧˖ ONCE AGAIN, RON AND AILLEDA found everything changed by one life—altering moment. The two had been even more inseparable ever since the match, much to both Hermione and Aaron's dismay. Christmas had been finalized, too — Mrs. Weasley had written back Ron to tell him that she'd be thrilled to have Ailleda spend Christmas with them, and, well, Ailleda's parents hadn't written back, but she took that as a good sign.

And then, of course, there had been other life—altering moments outside of their relationship, such as Fred, George and Harry having their brooms taken and being banned from Quidditch for life by no other than Dolores Umbridge. Hagrid had returned, too, and Ron had told Ailleda that the Death—Eaters had convinced the Giants to ally with them, which was bad news. Hagrid was also currently waiting on news of his inspection by Umbridge, which Ailleda highly doubted would be good news.

Before Ailleda knew it, December had arrived, not doing much to lift her spirits. Not only had they both been swamped with homework, but Ron's prefect duties had only increased, making the time they were able to spend together minimal. Soon, Ailleda found herself sitting with her brother and his friends while they did their homework, but she wished she could've been a prefect, too, so she could've spent the time with Ron instead. But still, Christmas was around the corner, and the thought of spending it with Ron made her feel an extraordinary wave of excitement.

The only time the two really got to spend time with each other, besides for the stolen kisses in the hallways, was the DA meetings, which Ailleda found becoming the highlight of her weeks.

"Okay," Harry called, calling them all to order. The whole group was sitting in a large circle on the floor, Ron and Ailleda sitting together as usual, holding hands and sticking close together. "I thought this evening we should just go over the things we've done so far, because it's the last meeting before the holidays and there's no point starting anything new right before a three-week break."

"We're not doing anything new?" said Zacharias Smith, in a disgruntled whisper loud enough to carry through the room. "If I'd known that, I wouldn't have come..."

"We're all really sorry Harry didn't tell you, then," said Fred loudly, earning laughter from several people, Ailleda and Ron included.

"We can practice in pairs," said Harry. "We'll start with the Impediment Jinx, just for ten minutes, then we can get out the cushions and try Stunning again."

Ailleda and Ron were the first up, running across the room to find the best place to practice. Ailleda and Ron were quite distracted while they were supposed to be practicing, talking the whole way through and making up for lost time.