016 ﹐ SURPRISE VISITS

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
surprise visits

warning!abuse — please readwith caution

warning!
abuse — please read
with caution

⌦ .。.:*♡

          ┊͙✧˖ HOGWARTS STUDENTS HAD A WEIRD way of dealing with shocking events, Ailleda noted as her and Ron walked to Divination class a few days after the whole affair with Professor Trelawney and a group of students were chatting about how excited they were to be taught by somebody, as quote, as "dreamy" as Firenze.

"Are we seeing something they're not?" Ailleda whispered to Ron as she eyed up Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil, who seemed to be coping exceptionally well considering their favourite teacher was just sacked.

"Hmm, I wonder what could possibly be different about our good teacher Firenze?" Ron whispered back, grinning. "I didn't even notice he was, you know, half horse! Oh, don't feel too bad, Ailleda, I didn't see it at first either!"

This made Ailleda laugh, and earned them both glares from Parvati, who shouted, "No need to be rude!"

Classes had been moved to classroom eleven, considering it would be quite difficult for Firenze to climb the ladder to their old Divination class. Classroom eleven was not quite the same anymore though, Ailleda saw as they stepped through the door and were welcomed by a forest like scene, with trees growing out of the ground, which was covered in moss. A few students sat in the class, but most of them looked quite distressed as they sat down on the most floor and rested their backs against against trees. Ailleda decided that she could understand why they were distressed.

Firenze stood in the middle of the room, and looked in Ailleda's direction. For a moment, she felt embarrassment wash through her. Oh God, please don't say he knows what I said about him. Oh God, oh God.

"Harry Potter." Ailleda sighed in relief as she realized that Firenze had been looking at Harry rather than her, and was happy that he was the one to shake Firenze's hand, not her.

"Er — hi," Harry replied awkwardly, as Ron and Ailleda raised their eyebrows at each other. "Er — good to see you."

"And you," said Firenze. "It was foretold that we would meet again."

Ailleda looked at Harry, then Firenze, and his hood—shaped bruise that marked his chest, and then back to Ron, trying to motion how batshit crazy this class already was.

When the door was closed and the last student had sat down, too, everyone simply stared up at Firenze, who motioned to the room. "Professor Dumbledore has kindly arranged this classroom for us in imitation of my natural habitat. I would have preferred to teach you in the Forbidden Forest, which was — until Monday — my home, but this is not possible."