027 ﹐ DUMBLEDORE'S WARNING

CHAPTER TWENTY—SEVEN
dumbledore's warning

warnings!mentions of war, confrontation& verbal conflict, mentions of azkaban,insults & derogatory language

warnings!
mentions of war, confrontation
& verbal conflict, mentions of azkaban,
insults & derogatory language

⌦ .。.:*♡

┊͙✧˖*° THERE WAS ALWAYS A CERTAIN feeling in the air the first day back of term, a palpable sense of anticipation and excitement. Students eager to see each other after being apart for the summer, the welcome back speeches, and of course, the feast.

Ailleda did not get to experience any of this, because as soon as she arrived at Hogwarts, she snuck away from the group and creeped through the quiet corridors of Hogwarts straight to Professor McGonagall's office.

Perhaps this was a poor idea, and she contemplated turning back around and going back at least a hundred different times. The corridors were silent, fairly dark apart from the torches on the wall illuminating the castle.

McGonagall's office was a small study located off of the first-floor corridor, to the right of a staircase ascending to the Serpentine Corridor on the third-floor. Once Ailleda had made it inside, and slowly pushed the door open to avoid it creaking, she step inside, and closed it behind her.

The room had a large fireplace, with windows overlooking the Training Grounds and the Quidditch pitch. Ailleda felt bad — she didn't mean to intrude in the Professor's personal space. But she had something that she needed to do, and she wasn't about to let her own worries get in the way now.

She pulled open a drawer that had filed paper folders in it, all addressed alphabetically. Ailleda sifted through the folders with her fingertips, past Granger, Longbottom and Potter until her fingers found what she was looking for. Weasley.

Slowly and deliberately, Ailleda extracted the folder from its resting place, the well-worn pages of the file revealing a trove of seemingly inconsequential information – academic transcripts, scores from years past, and a myriad of disciplinary records and detention slips. Her fingers danced over the irrelevant documents as she skillfully navigated through the bureaucratic detritus, her singular focus being on finding his timetable for this year.

Once she had found it, Ailleda found a scrap piece of parchment and quickly jotted down his timetable word for word. She glanced over it with her eyes, making sure she had all the details correct, before she closed the file again and slipped it back in McGonagall's drawer, being careful to make sure nothing seemed out of place.

Not wanting to spend any longer than she needed to in the office, Ailleda folded the parchment in half, taking it in her hand before slipping out of the office again.

Her next stop was to the dungeons. She glanced over Ron's timetable in the meantime — Defence Against The Dark Arts was a given, Transfiguration and Charms, too. No astronomy, which Ailleda was mildly disappointed about, considering that was her favourite subjects at O.W.L. level, but it was no matter. She hadn't chosen it herself, considering her parents would have absolutely freaked out if she had dared to do it.