011 ﹐ MAGNETS

CHAPTER ELEVEN
magnets

warnings!hospital settings

warnings!
hospital settings

⌦ .。.:*♡

          ┊͙✧˖ AILLEDA WAS THE FIRST AWAKE on Christmas morning, and when she opened her eyes and found herself in Ron's arms, she could not help but think that this all felt like an absolute daydream.

She quietly crept out of Ron's arms, throwing on the only red and somewhat Christmas themed sweater she owned, and tip—toed down to the kitchen, quietly preparing butterbeer and a batch of cookies she had found in a muggle recipe book, making sure to keep herself quiet so as not to wake anyone up next.

Ron was the next one up, still in his pajamas and groggily rubbing his eyes as he walked into the kitchen to find Ailleda. "Ailleda, what's wrong? It's four in the—"

Smiling brightly and abandoning her cookies for a moment, she ran over to Ron and threw her arms around him. "Merry Christmas," she whispered, barely able to contain her excitement.

"Merry Christmas," Ron told her, hugging her back.

"I was thinking," Ailleda told Ron, holding his hand and dragging him along with her to the kitchen to help her with the Christmas cookies. "Maybe we could all open presents together, this year? You know, like, sit by the tree and everything."

Ron smiled. "I think that would be fun," Ron said, kissing her forehead. "I'll go get the presents!"

With Ron gathering all the presents and putting them in a circle by the tree and Ailleda baking cookies and making butterbeer, placing a bottle by each of the stack of presents, in no time, the two of them had prepared everything for when the rest of the family woke up, and Ron decided to light a fire for them as they sat on the sofa together, under a blanket, and enjoying their Christmas morning together.

Mrs. Weasley was the next one up, although she was crying, and had a knitted jersey in her hands, holding it close to her chest as she wiped her tears away.

"Merry Christmas!" Ailleda and Ron said together, but when they noticed her eyes were puffy and red, Ron asked her, "Mum, what's wrong?"

"It's Percy—" Mrs. Weasley croaked, sitting down on the sofa next to the two. "He sent the jersey back. No note or anything. He hasn't even visited your father yet—" Mrs. Weasley broke down into sobs again, and Ailleda could not help but feel rage towards this Percy. Sitting next to Mrs. Weasley and pulling her into a side hug, Ailleda decided it was the least she could do, as she could not find the words to say.

"Yeah, well, Percy's an arse," Ron muttered, sounding even angrier than Ailleda was. "Let's not let him ruin our Christmas, yeah?"

Mrs. Weasley nodded, but Ailleda knew it was a half—hearted gesture, because she could see the tears pouring out of her eyes.