Chapter 7: The question.

I wear a smile as I get ready for school, Denki is in the other room fixing his tie while I put a clip on my hair. The door opens revealing Denki with his tie undone.

He looks at me helplessly, pointing at his tie. "Help me?"

My lips part, sighing internally, I walk closer to him and start fixing it. "You are a wreck, but aren't we all." I mutter, kissing him on the cheek after fixing his tie.

We start walking to school, the sun shining down on us. I notice a guy following us, he's holding a phone. I tug on Denki's sleeve, my heartbeat rising. "Someone is behind us, he's been there for a few minutes now Denki." I whisper to him, the guy walking faster.

The guy walks in front us us, I now observe that he looks familiar. Someone from UA I think. "Hey," He pauses, greeting us, "How does it feel to hurt a lot of people every year? Do your friends know what you did in your last school? And why are you such a freak?" The guy mocks, laughing as he runs away.

Denki scowls, about to run after him but I stop him.

"Don't Denki, he's not worth it and you know it." I remind him, squeezing his shoulder comfortingly.

He scoffs. "Worth it? He just insulted you, you can't let them do that, I can't just stand there watching you get hurt by petty words." Denki fumes, continuing to walk.

-Time Skip-

The classroom is half empty with our other classmates being in the cafeteria, bathroom, or just walking around campus. Mina tosses me a paper ball, beckoning me to open it. Holding the previous crumpled piece of paper, I start reading it silently.

'Since it's a free day, let's just enjoy the sun and go under the blossom tree?' I read in my head, I giggle, taking out my phone and texting the Bakusquad group chat.

My Dumb Bestfriends

Me
Let's go under the tree
But first

Mina
Kirishima, Kaminari
Get our snacks

Sero
How about me?

Kirishima
Kaminari and I are already in the cafeteria
We'll get what chu need

Katsuki
I ain't doing anything
Just waiting under the blossom tree

Me
Denki forgot his phone at home
Don't worry if he doesn't text back

Katsuki
Again

As I stand up from my seat, Mina walks up to me, linking our arms. We start to skip, happily singing our song. "Denki has to stop forgetting his things, doesn't he?" Mina interrupts our singing, joking about our Pikachu.

"Yeah." I reply, as we arrive at the blossom tree, under it is a blanket, Denki, Kiri, Sero, and Katsuki.

As days go by, we all get closer and closer, Jiro tells me to be lucky that some guy named Mineta isn't here anymore. Sero helped me through math which is in my opinion, good on my list. A surprise field trip comes along.

My feet carry me to the bus  with Katsuki walking behind me.

"Hey, I probably will get sick in the bus, so what if you could play 21 questions with me?" I tell Katsuki, sitting on the back.

He scoffs, looking at me. "I'll be asking hard questions and you better not back down, small hands." Katsuki answers, smirking.

I giggle, nodding. "Okay, I'll start." I announce, thinking. "What's your mother's name?"

"Old hag."

I burst into laughter, hitting him on the head. "Isn't that bad?" I ask, calming down, forgetting about the bus ride.

"No, she's toxic, but since your asking, it's Mitsuki." He replies, growling at the abrupt stop.

My body starts to smash onto the seat in front of mine, but I quickly use my quirk to catch me, materializing it to be the shape and length of a rope.

"Use the damn seatbelt, dumbass." He began, doing our usual friendly teasing. My smile widens as I clip my seatbelt on. "What's your favorite color, small hands?"

"It's purple and maroon." I reply, looking out the window. "What about your favorite color?" I ask the same question, wondering.

"It's black and red." Katsuki shares.

The game progresses, eventually becoming just us asking each other questions and exceeding the 21 limit, I find out that his favorite food is basically anything spicy which is literally the same as me and nee-chan, his childhood friend is Izuku then they fell apart, he's bisexual, and that we are nearing our destination.

"Why did you change schools?" He asks out of blue, my smile dropping.

I sweat drop. "We're here. Get out of the bus, we're going to be here for a week." Shota sensei announces, the bus coming to a halt, our classmates slowly unloading their stuff.

"Let's go." I reply, avoiding his question. He can't fear me too, he can't find out, he can't hate me. If I tell him, then he'll tell the others just to spite me, then they'll all hate me, shunned by my society.

My feet move fast, my hand carrying my single suitcase with wheels. I wheel it to the private hotel, my thoughts repeating in my head like a broken record, one word.

'Shit, shit, shit, shit. Fuck.'

I guess two.

Shota sensei explains our layout, who our roommates are, and other basic shit. I walk over to Tsuyu, nervously drinking the matcha I brought. She walks to our room while I follow in pursuit.

As we open the doors, I immediately unpack, my seven pairs of t-shirts, my casual wear, and my panties. Of course I couldn't forget about my leggings, hoodie, and my favorite maroon jacket. After unpacking, I lay on the bed, my thoughts going on about sleep.

Suddenly, the someone knocks on the door.

I sigh, getting up to open it. "Jiro?"

"Muranaka, you have to tell me how you got Yaomomo to talk to you. This trip is my chance to ask her out-" Jiro stops, looking behind me to see a sleeping Tsuyu. "Oh, she's your roomie, cool. Yaomomo is mine."

My eyes glaze over her own. "Hey, don't freak out. Now come on inside, we don't want you getting found out by Momo already." I reply, opening the door wider.

She walks inside with a smile. "Thanks, I never thought I'd like her, I mean she's like so perfect, maybe too perfect. Do you think she'll think of me as an emo freak?"

Closing the door, I smile. "No. I'm sure she won't. Just talk to her, about her day, maybe initiate the conversation by asking her to like hang out with you, I really think your overthinking this." I answer.

"What about you? Do you like anyone?"

Without giving it a second thought, I reply. "No one." I respond, flashing her a small smile.

She lingers for a few minutes before leaving me for sweet sleep, my consciousness drifting to the further.