Chapter 11: Under the safe haven.

(OCC KATSUKI IN THIS CHAPTER)

My hair sticks to my face as I run to whoever knows where, never stopping to catch my breath, my feet feeling sore, and negative thoughts racing in my mind, my train of thought holding so many problems in it's carriages.

The world doesn't care for me, with all the emotions overwhelming me, my quirk comes out, my skin lights up. I create a hoverboard, flying to the only place I felt safe.

No more running away.

-7 hours ago-

The storm outside subsided and the sun came up, I stood up from my chair, walked outside to sit under a shade. Katsuki walked up to me holding three pages of paper, he looked almost nervous if he wasn't so good at hiding his emotions other than anger.

I smiled at him then continued my walk. He muttered under his breath, a string of curses left his mouth, I heard him crumple the papers as he quietly scolded himself for whatever reason.

After finding a good spot, I dried a bench and sat on it, wondering if this was really how my life was supposed to go. But then Katsuki came to me holding the same papers, although they were crumples now.

"I searched your name, and so many things came up but, I found an article about you and your old school. I know you think that maybe I'm a creep, but I only searched your name because of some gray haired dude made me curious." Hedgehog boy explained, giving me the papers.

"If- Well, I'm just saying... Round face talked me into learning more about the articles, finding out the real story. Because if I took only one side, then that would be unfair-" He babbles as I tune him out.

Suddenly, I had a problem with speaking, only thing I could do was stutter and take the papers he game me. It's probably the article he read, but my mind quickly rebooted which made me run out of there in a hurry, I don't know why I took the papers with me, maybe it was something to remind me I'm a monster.

-Present time-

He knows now, he knows and he told Ochako, then she'll tell Midoriya, then Midoriya will blurt it out to Todoroki, then the cycle goes on and on and on. But my life doesn't. It ends here, where all of it started, where my quirk manifested, where I was born, where I ran from.

It ends here.

I reach my stop as the hoverboard disappears. Under the safe haven I go, the blossom tree we sat under last year. I wish everything would go back to normal, I wish I was normal.

Not my face in the front page eighteen years ago, not my name in so many websites, articles, and rumors, not my quirk that destroys so much and hurts so many. Not the self hate that accumulated after the years.

Just a sweet normal person without a quirk. A quirkless teenager that's going to college soon, not hero agencies, or being a sidekick. Just a normal teenager that's eighteen, that has a family, and maybe a boyfriend/girlfriend.

But instead the world cursed me with this liability.

I slam my head on the trunk of the tree, falling on my knees, letting the helpless energy pool out of me.

*Crunch-

A small crunching sound comes from at least twenty feet away from the tree, then more crunching sounds erupt, coming closer and closer to my direction. Like footsteps. A figure emerges from behind the tree, coming closer to me. Katsuki.

"I'm a jerk, I see that. It's just easier to be that way than to try and, and talk... no, um, to try and work things out with the person... to talk about feelings and be better. But, I'm trying." Katsuki utters out, trying to comfort me and reason. "I was a jerk when you and Deku were talking but I cut him off, I was a jerk when I bullied him when we were kids, I was a jerk when I degraded quirkless people, but more importantly, I was a jerk when I searched your name."

My heart pounds in my chest faster and faster. Heat rises to my cheeks making me blush, this asshole changed for a monster, maybe I'm not so bad after all. I liked the color red because of his eyes, but now, their not just pretty, their mesmerizing.

Maybe, just maybe, I like this boy after all.

"Katsuki. Thanks for opening up to me." I hum, my quirk deactivates as my skin stops burning.

Katsuki scowls. "Well, Round face is a- a... a g- good friend." He stutters, looking away from me to hide his face making me giggle.

"Who would've thought that you were the person to make a 'pep talk' good enough for the 'Great Muranaka Kaori', it's funny." I tease, scooching close to him for warmth. "Do you believe in love at first sight Hedgehog boy?"

"Yes I do. Because I fell in love with you." He blurts out as we continue to laugh more and more.