{A Lonely Birthday}

It was one day until Childe's birthday, he couldn't wait. Ever since he had to hold the stress of work in Liyue, he's been looking forward to this special day of almost an entire year.

 Just imagine... After a long day of work, you return home, get a birthday surprise from your fellow workers and comrades, and spend some... passionate time with your love after... 

Childe was fantasizing until he realizes that he was late for his lunch with Zhongli. He immediately rushes out the door of his home.

Zhongli. Childe's soon-to-be lover, at least that's what he tells himself. He has been obviously drooling over the brunette ever since they met, but Zhongli never seemed to notice...

'Our consultant? I'm sorry Mr. Harbinger, he had taken a few days off, I don't know why...' The Wangsheng Funeral Parlour Director, Hu Tao shrugged. 

'Huh? Really? Alright then, thanks!' Childe waves to Hu tao and runs off to Zhongli's home. 

The ginger knocks on Zhongli's door, desperate to get an answer... The door opened, revealing Zhongli. The brunette was wearing casual clothing, had his hair tied up into a bun, and his face was all red after he saw Childe at his doorstep. 

'Eh?! T-Tartaglia?!' Zhongli said, stunned, he could tell that Childe was checking him out since he has never seen him like this before...

'I'm just here to check up on you, are you okay?' Childe asked,

'I-I'm okay... Listen, I really can't talk right now, deepest apologies, I must do something important...' Zhongli said, before slamming the door in Childe's face,

Eh... Maybe Zhongli really has something important to do, besides he apologized so, I guess I have no right to tell him off.. Childe thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~

Childe wakes up in excitement, the big day is here~ He smiles on his bed as he gets off. I wonder what is in store for today...

Childe goes out for a quick breakfast, he bumps into the traveler...

'Oh hey, there comrade! Do you-' Childe says, but gets cut off,

'Sorry um- Childe I have a really important quest right now.. maybe later?' Aether says, and walks off with Paimon,

'Huh... Don't worry, Ajax, they didn't forget, did they?' Childe said to himself and continued his way for breakfast.

After a good morning meal, he heads off to work. 

'Good morning, Vlad! Any news for today?' 

'Oh yes! You need to go to dragonspine for a quest!' Vlad reported,

'Uhm... Anything else to say to me?' Childe asked,

'No... I don't recall anything else...' Vlad said,

'Okay... I'll be off to dragonspine then...' Childe waves as he walks away,

It was already evening. Childe found himself with a slice of cake in front of him, but no one around, he tears up a little, 'I guess they really did forget...' Childe said.

Just then, he heard a knock on his door. He goes up to answer it, revealing Zhongli on his doorstep. 

'Hello, Childe... Could I come inside?' Zhongli asked,

'Oh, sure! Make yourself at home!' Childe smiles,

Zhongli puts a mysterious bag on the table and sits down. 

'What is that?' Childe said, pointing at the bag,

'Well... It's for you... You can open it... But I can guarantee you won't like it... Happy birthday...' Zhongli said, but with a little disappointment in his voice.

'Wow! You got me a gift? That's nice, thanks!' Childe opens the bag happily, inside contained a food container, with a burnt-looking cake. 'Huh?' Childe muttered to himself,

'I'm sorry- You see, I wanted to try baking a cake for your birthday, but I never found success, I've been trying for a few days now...' Zhongli said, sounding guilty.

Childe grabbed a fork and took a bite. 'It's... good.' 

'Huh?' Zhongli lifts his head,

'The cake, it's... Good.' Childe smiles,

'No, you're lying.' Zhongli frowns,

'I'm not.. I like it... It tastes great!' The ginger gave a thumbs up,

'Well... I'm not sure if you are really telling the truth, but I'm glad you like it...' Zhongli starts smiling, 

'Would you like some tea? I have some tea in the back!' Childe suggested,

'That'll be nice...' Zhongli said,

'Cool! Cool, just wait a sec.' 

A few minutes later, the tea was ready, the two enjoyed a relaxing time together until Childe decided to build the tension up between him and the brunette. He shuffles closer and touches Zhongli's hand with his own.

'Say, Mr. Zhongli, could you do one more favor for my birthday?' 

'Of course, what do you need?' Zhongli tilts his head,

'You.' Childe pulls Zhongli into a kiss, Zhongli must've enjoyed it because he immediately kissed back. They had some passionate time together, just as Childe fantasized, until...

'Surprise, Childe! Happy birthday! We got you a gift from the souvenir sho-' Aether and Paimon enters the room,

The two love birds immediately pull away, but the traveler had already witnessed everything. (Even though it was quite obvious since Zhongli was still on Childe's lap)

'Um- Sorry, we'll leave, have fun... You two...' Aether and Paimon slowly backed out of the room,

After the two left, Childe and Zhongli looked at each other for a few seconds.

'Well, it's getting late... I should leave too-' Zhongli was about to get up when Childe pins the brunette down again,

'Oh no you don't, we're doing some action tonight~' Childe winks. 

~The End (Happy BIrthday Childe!)~

Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed that fic, as always, sorry for any typos or grammatical errors!