[Shorts: Only You]

The birds chirped, the air had a faint smell of sweet flowers and the soothing sound of the waterfalls. Childe sighed. It's been a while since he had the chance to relax with his boyfriend, Zhongli. The ginger was lying on the other's lap. 

'It's been some time, hasn't it?' Tartaglia smiles, 

'Certainly. I am glad you have made time to visit me in Liyue.' Zhongli smiles back. 

'Yeah, I should really be finding The Balladeer right now. But hanging out with you is so much better.' The ginger laughs. His gaze turned to the brunet's face, which was upset. 'What?'

'You should not be skipping work to spend time with me. I am not an excuse for you to not search for your friend.' Zhongli glared at his lover,

'Friend? Psh... He's an absolute asshole, we're not friends. Besides, I'm going back to search for him tomorrow. For now, I wanna spend a good day with you.' Tartaglia gets up, gives Zhongli a peck on the lips, and lies back down. The ginger noticed a depressed aura coming out from the other. 'Li, you good?' 

'Oh? I'm alright.' 

'It's okay, you can tell me.' Tartaglia smiles. 

'For the longest time, I have always felt upset because of the old days, long before The Archon War. But, whenever I am with you, I only felt warmth in my heart. Why is that?' Zhongli asks. 

'Heh. It's one of the many things love does to you.' Tartaglia chuckles, 'Making you forget whatever is around you, making you want to focus on your lover, only your lover.' 

'Oh. Thank you for your explanation, Childe.' Zhongli says. 

'Ajax. Call me Ajax, your habit is back.' Tartaglia smiles. 

'Ajax.' Zhongli then corrects himself, smiling back at his lover. 

'Wanna go to Third Round Knockout? My treat.' The ginger says, sitting up. 

'A good suggestion. Provided that you will not be drunk after we finished our meal.' Zhongli says. 

'Try me.' Tartaglia grins. 

~~~~~~

Yayyyy another short fanfic. Got this idea after watching the Perilous Trail cutscene of the yakshas. 

As always, please forgive me for any grammatical errors or typos.