{Shorts - AU: There for you}

Zhongli looks down at the floor as he sits on his bed. He heard a knock on his door. Strange... At this hour? The Ultimate Consultant thinks to himself as he looks at the clock, he gets up and made his way for the door.

'Oh, hey comrade! I thought you would be asleep like the others...' It was Childe, the Ultimate Debt Collector.

'Do you usually walk around bothering people at night?' Zhongli asked,

'Well- No... I just couldn't sleep, obviously. With the current situation and all...' The ginger laughs awkwardly.

'Would you like to come inside and discuss it?' The brunet replies,

'Yeah,  sure! That would be nice.'

~~~~~~~~

'So... "Killing Game" huh...' Childe says, lying down on Zhongli's bed, clearly making himself at home.

'Yes, that too is what has been on my mind since they said it.' Zhongli sits on the edge of his bed, a hand on his chin.

'Well, I'm sure no one here is going to kill, unless they have some sort of motive...' Childe shrugs, as Zhongli nods in agreement. 'Hey. How about we stick together?' The ginger asks.

'Why so?'

'Cause you are literally the only trustable person I've met so far. And it's best to stick together so no incidents happen.'

'I see. That would be a nice option. That is unless you are planning to frame me.' Zhongli looks at the ginger.

'What? No! I'm an angel!' Childe scoffs jokingly, acting offended, as Zhongli lets out a soft chuckle. 'Wow, I've never seen you smile before!'

'Hm?' The Ultimate Consultant tilts his head,

'I think it's adorable.' The ginger sits up and shifts over to the free space next to the brunet. 'Thank you.' Zhongli replies, smiling more.

'So.' The Ultimate Debt Collector places his hand on top of the other's. 'We watch out for each other from now on?' He smiles.

'Yes, we do.' Zhongli says as he smiles back.

Childe never thought that he would be investigating the murder of him just a day after that.

~~~~~~~~~~

Guys I'm so sorry for not posting for a while. School started, I have no motivation, no inspiration and all I can do is jump around random fandoms for entertainment. (Including Danganronpa, Cookie Run Kingdom and even Ninjago... NINJAGO. Why? I don't know, I have a lot of problems as you can tell.) Anyways, I'll try to write more when I have the chance and motivation, thanks for reading! Sorry that this is a fairly short one.