IV

"If the majority of men were to disappear, 80% of my problems would be solved

"If the majority of men were to disappear, 80% of my problems would be solved." Asterope huffed as she sat down beside Levina at the Slytherin table for lunch at the friday before the ball tomorrow. After dinner some of the few students that has the privilege of attending were going home, some were staying and temporarily leaving tomorrow to get ready.

"The temporary substitute for the N.E.W.T.S Defense Against the Dark Arts is a utter misogynistic nimrod!"

"Professor Faquad?" Nicholas questioned. The regular Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, Professor Jexuan Li, had been admitted in St.Mungo's due accidental contact with Venomous Tentacula resulting in an inordinate response.

Asterope merely nodded. "Also what type of bloody name is Faquad anyways."

"Fret not, for I did what I do best." Nicholas lips morphed into a malicious grin with pride and mischief in his eyes.

"A mare two days here and you've already accumulate dirt on the horrendously named Professor, impressive."

"It what I do best." He praised himself with a shrug and sent a wink towards Asterope.

Sigh, a white dress. Walburga sent over a white dress for Asterope with a letter strongly suggesting that  she wears her mother's choice of attire to the elegant gathering.

White dresses that were worn by young women during events with the sacred 28 often mean the lady is looking for courtship. Many mothers put their daughters in white dresses from a age as young as 10.

Asterope absolutely despises this 'tradition', it screams double-standards as the male counterparts don't have the same ridiculous notion for the colour of their clothing.

A knock on Asterope's door was heard, the opponent of the dorm room muttered a enter and Eira entered with a unimpressed facial expression.

Asterope raised a brow at her friend. "White dress?" She asked in a knowing tone.

"Unfortunately." Eira whined and threw herself on Asterope's bed. "I see Lady Black sent one too."

The dark haired witch scoffed. "As if I'm going to wear that, I'll make up an excuse 'Delivery mishap'. "

"Not to mention white isn't my colour anyways." Asterope shrugged.