Two

Aldwyn's POV

"We should be getting back. Your father will worry and send the entire army looking for us." I said, sad that I could not spend more time with Legolas.

"Do we have to go yet?" He asked.

I sighed. "Five more minutes." I agreed.

"Tolna nin. I want to show you something," Legolas said as he climbed the tree, then held out his hand for me to come, knowing that it would be hard for me in my dress. {Come with me}

Legolas's POV

"Tolna nin. I want to show you something." I said to Aldwyn as I held out my hand to her to help her up.

Once her hand touched mine, I felt a shock go through me. We came close when I had hoisted her up. I restrained myself and just started going from tree to tree. I had to turn around once or twice just to make sure she was keeping up with me in that dress of hers. She was right behind me the entire time. She was so quiet that even my elf ears didn't even pick up her motions.

We kept going until we had gotten to a clearing. I jumped down and Aldwyn was right beside me.

"Tiriaamu," I said, looking up {gaze up}

"Have you shown anyone else this?" She asked

"No. This'll be our little secret." I said, laying down on the grass below us.

Aldwyn laid beside me. We laid there for a while. Just looking at the stars.

It couldn't have been a more perfect moment

It couldn't have been a more perfect moment. Just her and I. After a coupe of minutes, Aldwyn broke the silence.

"But seriously though. We should get back. It's been far longer than five minutes." She said, sitting up.

"If we must."

"We must."

"Aldwyn, what did you mean when you said that my father would send the entire army looking for us?" I asked.

"You know how I'm supposed to report to Thranduil once I'm back from Rivendell?" I nodded, "Once I had forgotten to do so and he sent at least half the army looking for me. He was not happy when he found out I was just in my room. So when I say that your father will send the entire army looking for us, I refer to that. I doesn't help that you're his son, so he would send more for you too." She explained, rolling her eyes. "I have absolutely no idea why he keeps such a close watch on me."

I didn't expect her to give a full explanation. If she had already done this before, then I can't imagine what my father would do to her a second time. I could not risk her getting hurt.

"Tolbo. We must get back." She said, climbing the tree. {Come on}

We flew through the trees together. The way the moonlight touched her skin and hair fascinated me. She shone like a star in this light. No elf shone like she did. No elf in Mirkwood or Rivendell was quite like Aldwyn. She had something special about her. Something that no man, dwarf, hobbit, ranger, or elf had. She was something different entirely. That was when I realized, she wasn't an elf as I had thought her to be. She didn't have the same features as an elf. Her ears were not pointed, like an elf's. When an elf ran, you could hear their footsteps, but when she ran, you couldn't even hear a sound. She was more graceful than an elf. She was also stronger. But if not an elf, what was she?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Definitely one of my shorter chapters, if not the shortest, but I really wanted this moment to happen between the two of them. Just to explain things a little.