Twelve

3rd person POV

"I'll wager the sun's on the rise. It must be nearly dawn." Bofur complained.

"We're never going to reach the mountain, are we?" Ori's hopeless voice resounded across the empty halls.

"Not when you think like that!" Bilbo snapped. "She's still out there. She'll come."

Silently making her way through the halls that she knew so well, Aldwyn appeared with the keys in her hands.

"Hope you weren't talking about me,"

Thorin and the other dwarves jumped up in surprise as Aldwyn cracked a small smile.

"Aldwyn!" Balin shouted. All the dwarves exclaimed in surprise. Irritated at the dwarves very loud happiness (for if it had been quieter happiness, she would have preferred that) Aldwyn shushed them.

"Shut up! There are guards nearby!" Aldwyn whispered at the overjoyed dwarves{random thought but my band teacher tells us to put the ferociousness of a tiny dog barking at you from behind the fence into that one note that you play really quiet but aggressive so I was thinking of that when I wrote this line😂}.

She unlocked Thorin's cell and let him out. He nodded at her in respect, then asked, "What took you so long?"

Aldwyn blushed, then turned her face to stone. "That's none of your concern," She then proceeded to let all the dwarves out of their various cells, chuckling gleefully at their good fortune. Some of the dwarves started walking in a certain direction.

"The stairs. You first. Ori!" One of the dwarves had said.

"Not that way, down here. Follow me." Aldwyn urged. Reluctantly, the dwarves turned around to follow the Witch.

Aldwyn led the dwarves through the Woodland Realm, and they whispered so quietly, not evens the ears of an Elf could detect their words. Their footsteps, on the other hand, echoed throughout the massive halls of the Woodland Realm. They snuck through the halls of the Woodland Realm, and eventually Aldwyn had led them to the wine cellars. The Elves there were sound asleep around a table, with several empty bottles of wine in front of them. Aldwyn sighed, tired of the Woodland Elves' foolishness and led the dwarves and Bilbo further in.

"I don't believe it; we're in the cellars!" Kili exclaimed

"Thanks for noticing." Aldwyn rolled her eyes. Legolas must've been rubbing off on her.

"You were supposed to be leading us out, not further in!" Bofur whisper-shouted, angry at the Witch.

"I know what I'm doing!" She whispered through gritted teeth.

"Shhh!"

"This way."

Aldwyn urged the dwarves into a large room where several barrels were stacked sideways down the middle of the room, each had one end open.

"Climb into the barrels. Quickly!"

"Are you mad?! They'll find us!" Dwalin said angrily.

"If I was mad you would still be in those cursed cells. Do you want to go back there? Because trust me, I could slip out of here right now and have no one see me, but they'll find you here wandering these intricate halls and those Elves would be more than happy to kill you. Then what would happen to that little quest of yours? It will fail because you won't be there to reclaim your precious mountain. You won't be there to bask in its treasures. You'll be rotting in the forest, left for the spiders to eat. That doesn't sound like much of a heroic death. I can just hear the whispers. Thirteen dwarves on a quest to reclaim a mountain were killed by the Elves and eaten by the spiders of Dol Guldur. Now, you want to call me mad again? You must trust me!"