Chapter 4

Vlado POV

"Have you decided what you would like to eat?" The waiter asked. I was in a local café with the woman who bumped into me, who I now know as Leah. After hearing about her and her friend needing a job, I decided to offer her an interview at the very least. Just because I was the Dom of the Sanchez Mafia, didn't mean I was heartless.  And it just so happened that we needed some new maids after the leak.

"Yes, I would like a coffee with 1 sugar and milk," I responded, taking my eyes off the menu to look at the waiter and handing him the menu. The man took my menu and nodded, looking down as he wrote down my order on his notepad. He turned to Leah.

"And you, ma'am?" Leah kept her gaze on the menu for another moment, before looking up at the waiter.

"Um, I'll just have a hot chocolate, please." The waiter wrote down her order and gave the two of us a smile.

"Your drinks will be ready in a moment." Then the man walked behind the counter and through a door. I turned my gaze to Leah who was sitting opposite me. Leah was looking around the café, taking in what seemed to be every detail. I took this time to really look at her. 

Leah had long chestnut hair that went past her shoulders, shining in the beams of the sun making its way through the small windows. She had these beautiful alluring green eyes that reflected her view of the café. They looked so innocent, but if you looked a little harder and deeper, you could tell that they held dark secrets. Secrets that I want to know. Her beige skin looked smooth and slightly tanned, suiting her body's curves that were somewhat hidden by her slightly baggy clothes. I want to know what those curves would feel like under my hands. 

I saw her full lips move, but I didn't snap out of my daze until she spoke louder.

"Hey, are you ok?" Leah hesitated, her eyes searching mine for anything wrong. I cleared my throat and straightened myself in my chair.

"Yes, I'm fine. Sorry about that." I began. "I was just distracted. Let's get started, shall we?" I clapped my hands and I saw Leah shrink back faintly. Strange.

"So, tell me about yourself," I stated. Leah swiftly straightened herself in her seat and cleared her throat quietly.

"My name is Leah Isabelle Aldaine, and I'm from Chicago." She announced. "I am 20 years old, and I love to draw. I moved here with my best friend, Mary, a couple of days ago and she's also looking for a job." I nodded my head lightly at her short story.

"What skills do you have?" I queried.

"Well, I have skills in cooking, I am good with others and teamwork, I have good time management and I believe I have good attention to detail." 

That's good. 

"What are your salary expectations?" I noticed Leah look to the side, as though in thought before she focused back on me.

"I just want to be paid fairly for my work. Same with Mary." I inclined my head slightly.

"What if I only gave you an opportunity for the job and not your friend?"

"I would not accept the offer then." Leah clarified immediately. I smiled slightly at her answer. She obviously cared about her friend a lot. I moved in my seat, folding my arms on the table as I asked her another question that came to my mind.

"Why did you and your friend move here?" Leah shifted uncomfortably in her seat as she looked away from me. 

"Umm-"

"Here are your drinks! Sorry that took so long, we are quite busy today." 2 steaming cups were placed on the table in front of us, and I looked at the waiter with a cold stare. He just had to show up when Leah was about to answer. 

"Thank you." Leah praised the man, earning her a warm smile. I felt my stomach twist when he smiled at her, and I found myself gripping the table so hard, my knuckles were beginning to slowly turn white. I swiftly put my hands on the table and faced the waiter.

"Yes, thank you. You can leave now." I said through gritted teeth. The man took my advice and sped away to serve another table. I faced Leah again and took a sip of my coffee.

"Sorry, about that. Now, what were you saying?" I asked. Leah took a sip of her hot chocolate slowly. I narrowed my eyes slightly at her hesitance to answer this question. She kept her lips near the rim of her cup, but still kept her eyes focused behind me.

"Just felt like a change of scenery."

* * * * *

"Well Leah, I can confidently say that I would like to see you again," I said, walking out of the café with Leah beside me. Leah whipped her head my way and looked at me with wide eyes that I realised what I said.

"For work, I meant." I clarified quickly and waved my hands in front of me defensively. Thankfully, Leah laughed, and I found myself joining her. For the past hour, I have learned a lot more about Leah, and I felt myself being pulled in the more I found out about her. I learned that she is kind, considerate, talented, loyal, and of course, beautiful. And she is modest-very modest. I know that because she never said any of those things out loud, no matter how obvious it was. 

"There is a tour of the house you would be cleaning tomorrow at 1:30 pm at this address," I informed Leah, handing her a card with my main safe house's address written on it. Leah kept her hands by her side as she looked at the card, then back at me.

"What about Mary? Will she be able to come too?" Leah questioned, her eyes narrowing at me. I chuckled at her first thought after I just offered her a job.

"Yes, if she would like to." As I said that, Leah's face beamed and she swiftly grabbed the card out of my hand. She stared at the card in awe for a moment, as though it was a million-dollar check before she inclined her head to look at me once more.

"I can't thank you enough for this." I gave her a smile.

"It's no problem. Hopefully, I'll see you tomorrow." I waved at her, and turned to walk away, but stopped short when I felt a hand grip my wrist. I looked over my shoulder and saw Leah holding onto my wrist. I raised an eyebrow at her with a smile as we made eye contact. Leah's cheeks started to go a light red as she brought her hand back to her side.

"Sorry, I just never got your name." She mumbled, ducking her head down so I couldn't see her face. I let out a small laugh, causing her to look at me once more with her alluring green eyes.

"It's Vlado."