Chapter 17

Vlado POV

I held Leah in my arms bridal style as I walked to my room. 

There was a small groan and I looked at Leah. She had nuzzled her head further into my chest and hung onto my shirt as if her life depended on it. I felt a small smile creep onto my face as I looked at her now peaceful state.

Just a moment ago, she was crying her eyes out, but now, she slept as if she had no worries in the world. 

I don't know what was going on with her, but I shouldn't focus on that right now. Because right now, I have to make sure she's ok.

I kicked the door of my bedroom gently and walked inside.

My room wasn't that fancy. Everything was basically black and white, like the bed, my table, the carpet. Although, they all looked very nice in my opinion, and worth the money.

I carefully laid Leah down on my bed and covered her calm body with the blanket folded at the end of my bed. I made sure it covered her shoulders, but before I moved away, I looked at her.

She looked so peaceful as she slept, and I hope it would become a regular occurrence with her sleeping in my bed.

What the hell? Where did that come from? This girl is really doing things to my head.

But I didn't mind.

I quietly walked into my walk-in wardrobe to grab a cleaner shirt. Part of my shirt was drenched in her tears, so I had to change it. I looked over my shoulder at Leah. She was still sleeping. 

So I pulled my shirt over my head and chucked it in the laundry basket in the corner of the small space. Even though there were no lights on in the room, the full moon shone through the window in my room and lit up the space with a gentle light.

The light was bright enough to get into the wardrobe and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror on the wall. The dark ink of my tattoos stood out on my skin, but that wasn't what I was looking at.

My torso was covered with small scars. Stab wounds. Bullets. The works. There were larger scars on my chest. Slashes from knives were scattered on my back and chest, their faints lines easily to spot on my tan skin. There were fewer of these scars, but they were much easier to spot.

Looking at the scars made me think.

Would Leah be able to accept me like this? I mean, she's probably looking for a pretty boy who doesn't lead a mafia group and doesn't have hideous scars like mine. 

She'd also probably like to think that her boyfriend would come back from work every night.

A whine pulled me out of my thoughts. I quickly put on the clean shirt and walked out of the small space into the larger room and looked at the woman of my thoughts under the blanket. 

Leah had a small frown on her face as she moved under the blanket. I felt a chill. And then I realised why.

It was winter, meaning it became very cold at night, and the thin blanket that was over Leah wouldn't be enough. But I didn't want to scare her and wake her up to get her under the thicker blanket. I always could keep her warm with body heat, but I don't think she would want me invading her personal space.

She whined again and shuffled under the blanket to turn onto her side and her hand slipped out from under the fluffy blanket. I kneeled next to Leah on the side of the bed and grabbed her hand in mine. Her hand was cold against my warm ones. I rubbed my thumb against her hand in an attempt to heat it up. Thankfully, it worked quickly.