Prologue

A/n: hey my lovelies, here's a quick note for you guys. I'm going to be using she/they pronouns for our beloved Y/n. On top of that, Y/n is going to be super POC friendly.  (As a poc, it gets annoying when people write Y/n with only white girls in mind)

***

You yawned, feeling the sun warm up your face. You reached for your pillow, not even opening your eyes, covering your face with it, and turning over to the other side. Even though you'd been on The Boiling Isles for several weeks already, you still had a fucked up sleep schedule like a normal 16-year-old.

You started to nod off to sleep once again, ready to sleep for another 24 hours, but suddenly hear a voice right by your ear.

"Morning, human."

You jerk up, extending your arm quickly out of instinct, punching whatever the hell sent shivers down your spine. Not even a second later did you realize what, or in this case, who you had punched in the face.

"Ow, what the hell Y/n!" Hunter gripped his nose, falling out of his crouching position onto the floor.

"Oh shit, " you slap your hand over your mouth in utter shock, your eyes growing wide. At least you'd lost all previous feelings of exhaustion by now?

You slowly calm down furrowing your eyebrows. "You know what, I take no fault for this. What did you think would happen, Hunter?" He groaned loudly in response, still clasping onto his nose.

"That's what I thought." You get off of your bed, stepping over the boy, crouching down to help him steady himself. You put one hand on his chin, holding his head up. "Let me see the injury, " you say in a soft tone.

With hesitation, Hunter slowly takes his gloved hand off of his nose. You move closer to his face for a better view as Hunter avoided eye contact in embarrassment. Not because of how close you were, but because he realized how stupid his action was.

"Ah, well luckily it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be." You pressed your fingers lightly on different parts of his nose. "No broken bones, but your nose is bleeding pretty badly."

"You should be thankful that your nose isn't broken, " you say, standing up to get a tissue from your bookbag, "that's probably my favorite feature on you."

"Awww that means a lot, " the boy responds in a sarcastic tone. You roll your eyes, balling the tissue up and throwing it at him playfully. "Tilt your head up and pinch your nose with the tissue. You already have blood dripping down your clothes and my floors. The blood should stop in a few minutes."

"Thanks, " Hunter responds in a nasally voice since he was busy pinching his nose.

He got up, his head still facing the ceiling as he tried to find his way to the door, almost crashing into the wall right next to it. "Oh yeah, " he snaps a finger, facing his body towards you, "Emperor Belos wants to see you ASAP so you should get out of those pajamas and put on the clothes I gave you."

Your face lit up, as a smile crept onto your face. "I'll be right there, give me half an hour!"

Hunter gives you a thumbs up before struggling to reach for your doorknob for a good seven seconds and closing it awkwardly.