✬you get stood up - childe x reader

based on: https://youtu.be/unpajMJDAcA

You stand in front of the place you settled to meet in, restless. Was he going to show up? Ever?

It's been an hour already. No answer to your texts, no call, no nothing. Only another shitty date your friend set you up on to get over your crush.

"And what are you doing here?"

Oh no.

Speak of the devil.

"Y/n? Hello?"

There he was. The last person you wanted to see.

"Childe...ahaha..." you smile half-heartedly to the ginger, praying that he doesn't ask any more questions.

"Why are you alone? Did you get stood up?" he laughs. "Surely you must have"

You were used to his bad jokes but... this one time... he was right.

"What do you want?" don't cry. Please don't cry.

"...Are you going to cry?" stop. Stop.

"No, no, why would I even cry"

"Um... you tell me?" his manner became more serious, looking worried.

You can't help it. A tear comes out.

Childe looks startled, lost.

"I-I'm sorry for the joke, I didn't mean it! Don't cry, I'm stupid, see!" he leans in to catch a glimpse of your face.

"Yeah. You really are"

"I'm sorry..."

"It's fine!... it's nothing, I'm just..." you wipe the tears that have come out, and take a deep breath. "...What were you doing here?"

"I was picking up this bag from the bakery..."

Right. It's his birthday today.

"Happy birthday"

"Yeah! Thank you..."

"..."

How awkward. You hated when people saw you cry and here you are.

"If you have nothing else to do, since you were stoo- uh, since, well, you-"

You smile at him to stop.

"...I was just wondering if you wanted to come to my house and celebrate? With me?"

"Really?"

"You don't have to if you don't feel like it! My mom asked me about you though an-"

You watched him as he rambled away, which was oddly cute. A giggle escapes you.

"Sure"

He stops, and his eyes twinkle quite hopeful.

"! Oh... that's nice to hear" Childe smiles, relieved. "Let's just... go then!"

You gather the courage to stop him before he turns, holding his forearm and leaning in to his cheek, planting a kiss on his flushed face.

"Thank you for the invitation"

Your faces redden together.

"How cute" he touches your cheek, caressing it with his finger.

You try to talk or say anything, but your vocal chords refuse to emit any sound.

"Shall we go then?"