❒childe dies in your arms

listened to: https://youtu.be/7DfO7PeD13A

You can hear him, gasping for air.
Him, your lover.
He, who made your days brighter.
Begging to be left alive, begging for a last breath.

You hit a little too hard. Was there any way to turn back this time?
Basking in an ocean of regrets, his body layed on the floor.
I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
It's all you can do... say sorry.
"How useless of me" you mumble to yourself.

The face of his stayed still, not moving an inch. The same face which would laugh, frown, and send you off in a whirlwind of emotions. Your own heart which he swayed is now a second closer to rotting.

"You did it"

Childe broke the silence.

"You won"

He was that which you hated. A traitor. A murderer.

He betrayed you. Stabbed you in the back.

But that heart of yours knows not of the facts the mind gathers. For it does not know, instead, it feels. 

"I shouldn't have won"

And feeling is far more complicated than knowing.

His giggle echoes through the golden house, the softest sound which was irritating to hear now.
"I was instructed to kill you, you know?" he looks away, eyes fighting to stay open.

"But I doubted!" Childe exclaims. "Who would've known, right? That I'd be defeated in such a shameful way... haha..."

Childe smiles to himself. That smile you'd always see on him, no matter how sincere or not it was.

"...but if you had died, then I would've followed right after"

The tears blur your vision, making it harder and harder to keep your almost nonexistent composure.

The silence comforts you, and your heart makes sure you feel the sour, bitter guilt.
Every beat is throbbing, aching for closure.

Maybe in the next life, you'll be born without a heart, you thought. Wouldn't it be easier that way?

But you knew loving wasn't meant to be easy. And your heaviest weight will always be the feelings that come with you.

Call it karma, call it your destiny.

The figure of his began dissipating with your tight embrace, trying to hold every last bit of his being.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry"

His now barely visible hand is brought to your cheek,  as he extends his finger to brush it.

He vanishes into thin air, leaving you hugging your own stomach.

Faint memories come back from a beautiful summer evening, where colours were vivid, and the birds sang.

Listening to the song, hoping you meet again.