❍ walking with xiao

based on: https://youtu.be/Qrn1nzNMpLU

The fog is seen all throughout the forest, being lit by the sweet, summer moon.
Xiao was never the best at expressing emotion. He wasn't the type to hug, or to define his feelings. This made you constantly wonder: am I imagining these feelings he claims to hold for me?
There's one thing you were certain about, amidst the doubts. He cared about you.
Asking you when you were going out, watching over you... his love language was way more complicated than the words "I love you". It was showing those words, and putting them into practice.

As you walk, you begin paying attention to his movements. Always one step in front of you, leading the way.
Getting caught up in the details of his face made you slow your pace.
"Hurry."
He tightened his hand's grip to a moderate amount for a second, before loosening it up right after. Controlling his strength, holding himself back once again.

You get to the top of the slight cliff, pulled closer by Xiao as you stepped over a rock beneath you.
You trip a bit on it, and are eventually held by his arms, your chest against his.

"I tripped, sorry..." you excuse yourself to him.

Yet he doesn't let you go.

"...Xiao?"

The night is serene, not a word coming from him.

It's slightly intoxicating, to be able to witness this moment. He wasn't used to touching you and neither were you, but... it felt... nice.

"Y/n"

Xiao begins mumbling, almost unintelligibly.

"Promise me, please... don't ever leave"

You smile at his unneeded worries.

"I will never leave you"

"Are you sure you can keep that promise?"

His tone feels darker as he continues to speak.

"I cannot take back my past. No matter how much I want to. Do you not know what's good for you?"

"..."

"...even if you do, and you're still here...

...I won't let you break along with me. You better... help me take care of you"

His heartbeat syncs with yours, and that's when your heart has made a choice.
"Even if your Karma tears me away to pieces, I promise you. I will make our time together worthwhile"

You kiss the end of his jawline by his ear, and let yourself give in to the darkness of Xiao's soul.

The most beautiful place, where you will always yearn to be.