1

I finished the performance, giving my ending ment smiling like crazy from the overwhelming screams of the fans. The stage was littered in confetti, flowers, clothing, flags, anything the fans could get on the stage, it was there. I had sweat pouring down my face since the stage lights were much hotter than usual for some reason.

The lights dimmed down and I was finally able to walk off stage for a little bit to rest. I figured with the way the audience was screaming their lungs out, I was going to have to give them an encore performance, but I was going to tease them first.

I let the stage manager know that I planned on doing it before I walked out so that they had time to get everything ready for it. There wasn't any special pyrotechnics for it, since it was just the encore, but I did have them prepare a backing visual for it.

"You did so great!" I heard Felix yell behind me before wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Thank you, babe," I smiled, happy to recieve the compliment from him. I turned around in his arms so that I was facing him and placed a small kiss on his forehead. "I have to go back out soon, though."

Felix pouted once he heard that. "But why?" I knew that he knew why, but I decided to indulge the question.

"Because, they love me so much. And I don't wanna disappoint them."

"Yeah, but I love you more," Felix giggled, scrunching his face up with the comment making him look extra cute.

"I know you do. You'll have my full attention tonight, but right now, they want me." I unwrapped his arms from my torso and began walking back onto the stage, taking a sip from a crinkled bottle of water first.

The stage lights came back on and the already ear-piercing screams became even louder than before, despite a quarter of the crowd missing. The track for the song began to play in my ear, letting me know I needed to focus again.

I sang the song as best I could despite how tired I was. It wasn't too bad since I loved hearing the fans sing along with me, sometimes overpowering my own miked vocals. Even if I was exhausted, I felt like I could've gone on for a couple more hours. Getting so much love from the audience gave me so much energy to keep performing.

I finished the song, hearing everyone screaming all at once, some people shouting different things at me, hoping I'd hear them. Truth be told, I did, and I will say, some people are very bold. I only reaponded if it was loud enough that the rest of the audience heard whatever it was that was shouted.

Another fun part about performing was using what I called the "dead mic". It was just a microphone on the stage that everyone besides the audience could hear from. So whenever I spoke or anyone else spoke in it, no one would hear them besides those whose ear pieces were connected to the mic. It's supposed to be used for technical things, and I was supposed to only use it if I needed more lights, or more backing track or whatever instead of making strange hand gestures.

The staff thought this would be a great idea, but clearly, they didn't know me as well as they thought they did. Sometimes, they would say things into the dead mic feed, and I'd hear it. It might be something along the lines of "that was good" but I liked to joke around, so instead of answering back on the dead mic, I'd respond with "yeah, that was great" on the real mic to confuse the audience. They would sometimes hear me respond to things and say random sentences that, to them, made no sense, but to all the staff and crew, they understood completely. I liked to make the audience think I was talking to God or something. It was funny to see their reactions.

Felix was actually the one who made me start doing it. He suggested it one time before a concert as a joke a few years ago, and it stuck since then. The fans haven't caught on yet somwhow, or if they did, I didn't notice.