3

A few days passed, and Felix and I were finally back up to speed. We rested for a few days to try to get back in the swing of things. One of Felix's job interviews was today. He said it was at a grocery store just as a part-time job for right now, but it was better than absolutely nothing. I was currently waiting for him to come back home. 

My phone started ringing, so I picked it up to see who was calling, seeing that it was Felix. I answered, happy that he called. 

"Hey, how did it go?" I asked, hoping that the interview went well. 

"It was good! I have a second interview with them next week, and then a couple others in a few days for other places, so we'll see what happens," he answered. I could hear the smile in his voice, and it made me happy that he was excited about the jobs he was looking at. 

"That's great! Are you gonna do anything tonight? Maybe as like a celebration or something?"

"Well, I haven't got it yet, but we could still go out. It could be a celebration for becoming a productive member of society," Felix said with an abundant amount of confidence. He was mocking his parents when he said that since that's what they would always tell him he needed to do. He needed to become a "productive member of society." I wasn't going to lie. I agreed with them. 

"Definitely. What're you doing right now?"

"I'm on my way to see you, of course. I'm almost there, like five minutes away."

"Alrighty, I'll wait for you, Lixie. Love you!"

"Love you, too."

I hung up the phone and waited for him just like I said I would. It didn't take long for me to hear the knock on the door. I stood up and walked over to it, checking the peephole to ensure it wasn't a random stranger. Once I saw that it was, in fact, Felix with a giant smile plastered across his face, I let him in with a hug. 

"I think I got it!" He cheered as I shut the door and locked it behind him. 

"I'm so proud of you, baby," I smiled, wrapping him in a tight hug. 

"Thank you. I'm proud of myself. I won't have to mooch off you anymore," he laughed as he hugged back. 

We stood there for a while longer, just enjoying each other's embrace and warmth. Hugging Felix made everything better, even if nothing was wrong. Even if you had the most perfect day, it was incomplete if you hadn't hugged Felix. That's how I felt. It felt as though it could've cured any disease on the planet. It was tight and warm, and you just didn't want to let go.

I let him initiate pulling away first since I didn't want to. Once he did, he just looked in my eyes for a moment, not saying a word. There was a slight smile now on his face, and I could see the admiration he held for me.

"We're celebrating tonight," he said suddenly.

I nodded my head in agreement. "Yes, we are."

"We're going clubbing."

"Of course."

I didn't mind the idea of clubbing. It was fun. It was also the first place we met each other, so it held a pleasant memory with it. We hadn't gone in a while, so the idea was excellent. 

We moved to the couch to watch T.V together until we wanted to get ready to go. It was still noon, so we'd have a while before wanting to go. Watching T.V with each other would pass the time enough. 

I sat down on the couch as he plopped into my lap, causing me to groan a little from the impact. I wrapped my arms around his waist as he leaned back onto my chest, his head resting on my shoulder and neck.