Chapter I: Primary Selection

This tower... runs on luck. And for some pathetic reason, I am deprived of even an ounce of it.

"Bro, I'm so unlucky!"

While I was laying on the floor, like a caterpillar with a broken cocoon, I overheard a conversation that makes me want to cry.

Cry? I think that's an overstatement, but you get the gist. As I have said, I have run out of tears left to cry. All the despair back on earth had made almost everyone numb.

And, for some cliche, yet absolute reason. The alias that identifies an individual can be shown above their heads. Pretty much like a game. And whoever this sadistic game master is, I'd hope they show remorse. On second thought, why would a god-like tyrant feel guilt? Ugh- I feel so small, like a single enzyme on a pig's stomach.

"Why? What did you get on your roll?" [Clover Lvl. 1 (12)]

"10, I think I got the lowest one so far." [Sesame Lvl. 1 (10)]

Their conversation made me think, I wish that I had 10- at least I'd never get to suffer the situation I am in. With a bad starting stat and a worse passive, I think I might survive only a day or two if I try to be a ranker. Additionally, I might never be able to climb Babel in the situation I am in, this pitiful situation, a pitiful me.

"Really? I'm not that far off though, I'm at 12."

"I can literally see 12 above your head, no need to brag..."

In the midst of their conversation, the envy deep within my body was fully suppressed. Despite the despair I felt, I managed to keep my cool. Rather than bitching about how pathetic my life is (even after the apocalypse), I prefer to stay here in Babel as a low-profile individual. In that way, nobody can shit over me.

On the same note, can I hide my information from being shown?

"Set information to private." I tried saying some random words hoping they would actually do something. 

[Potato Lvl. 1 (Special Roller)] -> [Potato Lvl. ? (**)]

This would suffice, It's better to stay anonymous. Knowing my stats, if I ever find myself getting heated by some strong rollers, I'm guaranteed to die.

[Note: Those with appraise-type abilities have a chance to reveal your information]

That's pretty much obvious, however, it's good to know. When can I actually have that OP skill like people on manhwas have?

The ground tasted like stone (from personal experience, it's similar to chalk but a little more complicated). I just remained on the ground like a fool... a fool.

Thump! Thump! Thump!

"Move, low rollers!", another alien voice came rushing and pushed the two communicating individuals down. [Freeon Lvl. 3 (63)]

An individual that rolled 63?!

"Hey, what the fu-", the bubbleheads tried intercepting the high-roller's approach, yet were instantly marginalized. 

[Bloodthirst Detected]

Bloodthirst?! To be able to acquire such a dangerous passive ability- he must be one heck of a monster! It felt like my heart was gonna get torn into pieces!

I just stayed low down on the ground, I even covered my face with my hands to avoid eye contact with the 63 roller. It hasn't been a day, let alone an hour, yet the fact that a hierarchical system has already been formulated means bad news.

As one of the two tried to oppose the hostile entity, they were pushed back with a single sweep.

I am scared to die, thus, with primal instinct, I played dead. The brute, however, did not buy it. As the tension rose, the entire situation became apparent, his strong aura was getting stronger as I was being a chicken. He was walking towards me.