Chapter II: Job-specific

Pseudocide is more than just sleeping. As sleep manages to make one dream, this skill forces the body to shut down until the conscious mind commands it otherwise. Thus, as I fell into the ocean of deep thoughts while playing dead, a screen popped from inside my mind.

It turns out that when one cannot view a screen, it resorts to sending multiple frequencies to the mind to let one view it.

[Job-specific tasks has been assigned]

Job-specific tasks? Do every job with subclasses has specific tasks to do? This is such a hassle.

Due to responsibility and my will to survive, I ended the period in which pseudocide has started and read the screen properly with my eyes open.

[ Waterboy:

Distribute at least 20 water bottles per day

Compensation: 50pts per bottle given

Penalty: TBA ]

I just sat on the drylands, waiting for a miracle to happen. In my terms, deadly miracles have become a common occurrence- SHIT!

What a miracle, a huge chunk of lightning appeared right before me, lifting each strand of my wool-thick hair. Despite not having any catalyst to bring a grand entrance to a lethal thread of energy, it just came about right before me.

Trauma flew through my nerve endings like medical dextrose injected into my veins, it was a horrible near-death experience.

The term "cyclone" lives up to its name. A terror area within Babel where random catastrophes just occur. It's amazing that this is better than eternal torment, makes me want to puke.

I wonder, why do the higher-ups, the administrators of the system, set up this game-like platform with historical and biblical references. Is it just to play with mortals? Give them powers they once never laid hands on? Or worse...

I think it's too early for an existential crisis!

"Everyone, I got a job-specific skill with tasks" [Kronos (Dwarf) Lvl. 1 (54)]

"What was that Kro...", with terror in my eyes as I just witnessed a flash of literal lightning right in front of my eyes, I casually walked towards Kronos with high caution. "What are those?"

"How can I show it to you?"

I have no idea, but a piece of sly information from deep beneath the vast desert of knowledge of my mind, an answer appeared. It felt like the answer has always been there, just recently unlocked. Is this the power of the system?

[Due to high wisdom stat, you have been granted knowledge about the system]

[Answer: A roller can show you his personal screen by muttering "Screen share" as they touch hands]

"Touch my hand."

With confusion on his face, yet free of suspicion, Kronos held my left arm with his right and looked at me, "Okay?"

As usual, the thick skin that envelopes his hand and the scent of sandalwood still leaves a pleasing impression on him, it's calming, like earth before the taint of humans. It made me think; I wonder how Agartha ended.

"Now say, screen share!"

"Screen share!"

[ Roller /Kronos (Dwarf) Lvl. 1 (54)/ has shared their screen ]

[Build! Build! Build! (Active) in support of Builder's Eyes (Passive) and Engineer's Wit (Passive)

With sufficient materials {BUILDER'S EYES CAN SEE WHICH MATERIALS CAN USE AND HOW MANY OF THEM CAN BE UTILIZED TO MANUFACTURE A CERTAIN BUILDING}, you can create a building in accordance to {ENGINEER'S WIT CAN CREATE AN IMAGINARY BLUEPRINT CAN MAKE BUILDING EASIER}