Chapter III: Turning Point

A man passed by me with an odd smell.

Who smelled like sakura?

I snapped myself out of the odd aroma, however, there's something about the high wisdom stat that makes me think much deeper within a certain subject and zone out away from things that make me low-vibrational and nervous.

I need to check on that in order to stay safe.

My attention was stolen, I need to focus on one thing, it is that my comrades, including myself, might die as the next task starts.

Who knows when-

[Orcs will be invading your land in 9:59]

A screen popped out.

Terror flashed within the depths of my eyes, my pathetic hands were shaking as my depleted mana has barely even regenerated. I was abruptly scared. My fatigue was only building up to this point, excessive use of my skills, independent from the magic-like system, I feel tired with my merely organic body.

Ever since in my early youth (much younger than my current age of 17), I always wanted to be somebody. Leaving a name or trademark in the industry was my measuring cup for success. However, now, what I desire is also living with blooming flowers, however, not for the sake of leaving a name, but to survive.

Indeed, I need to live even though death sounds so good in my current condition. Living risky is quite better than suffering in eternal pain if you ask me.

Sometimes, I wonder. What if I manage to survive, what'd be the prize?

I need to do or even be something enough- if I ever wish to survive. With nothing in mind aside from self-hate and pathetic thoughts, I checked my status to ensure a stable condition within myself.

"Check status!", I mumbled.

[ Name: Potato (Lvl. 1)

Title: None

Class: Waterboy (Support)

HP: 100/100

MP: 10/100

---

Strength: 0

Dexterity: 0

Endurance: 0

Wisdom: 106

Charisma: 0

Luck: -206

Accuracy: 0

---

Skills:

(Active)

Lowest Grade Healing (Cooldown: 1 hour)

Pseudocide (None)

(Passive)

Worship-a-Clown ]

My stats are pretty much the same. With a lower luck stat, I'm practically vulnerable, however, the high Wisdom stat gives me an advantage in terms of approaches and wit, it's my only advantage in this world of live-or-die.

Live-or-die? More like a live-or-suffer scenario... ugh fuck this!

Something is really messed up in the system, and I can feel it.

This system is plain unfair and prejudicially broken, they didn't even give their "refugees" a chance to breathe after the aftermath of the apocalypse. It's almost like they don't give a fuck about the rollers' welfare...

... I mean- oh please, why would they, higher entities, care about us?

We're merely ants. Test subjects... worst-case scenario, puppets.