Chapter 1

Thomas's POV

It's over. It's all over. I remember holding Newt's body and I remember the gunshots. I remember the screams and arms pulling me away. 

I remember screaming and crying. Kicking and punching at the person who hauled me away from my life. 

I scream, my eyes snap open. 

I bolt up and immediately notice that I'm in a white room. I hear beeping and voices around me. My mind scrambles to collect my thoughts. 

Someone's at my side, yelling my name. 

Thomas. 

I scream and push the woman away. 

"Get away from me!" I yell. Wicked is here to take me. They are going to kill me. I reach for my gun on instinct. It's not there. 

Where is it? Where is my protection. Where are my friends? Minho, Teresa, Brenda. Where's Newt.

"Thomas, relax please, I'm a nurse!" the woman yells, putting her hands up. I stare at her. 

"Thomas!" a voice yells. I whirl around to see Minho running to me. I let out a sob and hug him tightly. "Thank god you're okay," he breathes out. I struggle to form coherent thoughts. 

"W-where are we?" I asked. Minho pulls away. 

"We're safe, Thomas" he states, smiling. I gape at him. "It's all okay, we're getting treated and we're safe," he laughs. 

"Where is everyone?" I asked, still in disbelief. Minho bites his lip. 

"Well, that's the thing Thomas," he begins. "Only three of us made it out," he whispered. I feel my eyes widen. "You, Me, and Teresa," he states, sighing. 

I paled, shaking my head. 

"No," I state, swallowing. "No, it's impossible" I whisper. "Tell me you're joking!" I yell, my voice rising. Minho shakes his head, tears welling up in his brown eyes. 

"They're all gone Thomas," He whispers. I back away, pressing against a wall. 

"No," I whisper. I repeat that one word until Minho sits next to me. 

"Teresa's outside, do you want her to come in?" he asks gently. I nod, crying. Minho nods and goes outside for a minute. He comes back with Teresa. 

"Thomas," she whispers. Her brown eyes are red and she was most likely crying. I hug her and hold her as she cries into my shoulder. "Thomas, thank god," she whispers. 

"Teresa, I'm so sorry," I mumble quietly, pulling away. Teresa shakes her head. 

"I'm sorry Thomas, everyone's gone, it's all my fault" she states. I shake me head. 

"We gave you a second chance Teresa, you're family now," I promise. Teresa gives me a laugh, but her eyes are filled with tears. "Is it true...Brenda and everyone else, they're gone?" I ask, hesitant. Teresa nods, shakily wiping tears away.

"They are in a better place now, with Newt" Teresa promises. I freeze at the mention of that name and nod slowly. 

"They are all together again," Minho states, sitting beside us. 

"We stick together now, the three of us" I state, looking at them in the eye. The two of them squeeze my hand. 

"We're okay," Teresa whispers, nodding.  

"C'mon shank, the nurse has to treat you," Minho says, smiling. I eye the nurse who stood back at the bed. 

"We aren't leaving Thomas," Teresa promises. I nod, reluctantly sitting back down in the bed.