Chapter 7

Thomas's POV

We headed to school. Nothing went wrong at first, we acted normal and said nothing to nobody. 

Until the pack arrived. 

For some reason, they arrived late. 

"Hey, guys" Scott greets. Minho's eyes narrow with irritation. 

"Scott," I regarded, leaning against a lamp post. Malia gave me a quick smile and Lydia waved. Surprisingly, Lydia smiled at the others. Teresa gave her a small wave, nobody else did anything. 

"What are you guys doing today?" Isaac asks. 

"What do you mean?" I ask, raising a brow. 

"You guys are obviously up to something" he replies. Our faces remain stoic as we stare at him. 

"Yeah, says who?" Sonya questions, leaning against the wall with a dainty brow raised in Scott's direction. 

"I don't know, it's just something about you guys today" he replied. Minho scoffed. 

"It's not like you know us that well," he says lazily. Scott frowned as Isaac stifled a laugh. 

"I know Thomas and Teresa okay, I know when they're up to something" Scott huffed out, irritated. Teresa smiled wryly, turning to him. 

I kept my chuckle hidden. 

"Do you now, Scotty Boy?" I teased, crossing my arms. Scott nodded. 

"Listen," Teresa began. "You might have known us at one point, but we're not the same" she stated. 

"We've gone through so much, your pretty little head wouldn't be able to comprehend it" Brenda laughed. Malia pursed her lips. 

"Something you wanna say?" Sonya questioned, meeting her gaze. Malia shifted her position, defensive. 

"I wouldn't," I cut in, looking at her with a calm expression. Malia frowned. 

"Not unless you want a bullet through your head" Teresa finished, her lip curling upwards. Malia stilled. 

'You wouldn't" Malia challenged, but I sensed the fear. Teresa let out a soft, airy laugh. 

"Malia Hale right?" Teresa questioned. 'We didn't know each other, you know, because you guys thought I was dead" she stated, looking at the others. "But clearly, your lovely pack didn't tell you much about me" she continued. She gave her a coy smile. Then, she looked at Scott. 

"Scott, why don't you tell your little girlfriend who I am" she demanded, raising a brow. We all looked at Scott, adrenaline pumping. 

"You were a hunter," Scott replies. Teresa nods. "You-" he started, but paused, hesitant. Teresa grinned. 

"Go on Scott," I jeered. 

"You never miss" Lydia finished, enunciating each word. Teresa beamed slyly in her direction.

"Very good Lyds, you remembered" she praised, a bitter edge evident in her tone. Lydia looked at her with sadness. 

Teresa looked at Malia again. 

"I also happen to hate your father with a burning passion, so if your death hurts him, I'm willing to give it a shot" she stated, her eyes churning with unnamed fury. 

I turned to Malia, who was still frozen. 

"Now, I will kill you if you lay a finger on my family" she stated calmly. Malia nodded slowly. I chuckled.