Chapter 6

Thomas's POV

When we arrived back at my dad's house, we didn't actually do homework. 

We were in the bedroom talking about the cranks and wondering where they were coming from. 

"It's pretty obvious that they came from the train station or something," Minho states. I hesitate. 

"I don't know, they could be from the Nemeton?" Teresa suggests, frowning. 

"The what?" Sonya asks. 

"It's a magical tree stump that attracts supernatural" I reply. Sonya snorts. 

"Of course it is," she jokes. Brenda laughs. 

"So there's wolves, banshees, coyotes, hybrids, chimeras, evil-possessing-creatures, kitsunes, druids, hunters and there's a magical tree?" Brenda asks, raising a brow. When she put it like that, it sounded a little stupid. 

"Yeah, and hellhounds, monsters, evil doctors, kanimas, darachs, oni, dead pools, and ghost riders" I add. Brenda and Sonya start laughing. 

"Wow," Sonya giggles, smiling. I couldn't help but grin. It was nice seeing my family happy. 

"Okay, so there are a couple of places the cranks could've come from," Minho concludes, rolling his eyes at our child-like behavior. Brenda elbows Minho playfully and leans towards him. 

"You sick and bored of us?" she asks sweetly. Minho gives her a fake smile. 

"Oh absolutely," he replies, the smile falling from his face with an annoyed expression. Teresa rolls her eyes. 

"You love us though," she states like nothing we could say would change her mind. Minho scoffs. 

"You wish," he replies snarkily. I pat his shoulder. 

"It's okay Minho, we know you're just a big softie on the inside," I reassure jokingly. Minho swats my hand away. 

"Just like a roasted marshmallow," Sonya jokes, still giggling. We stare at her for a minute before all of us burst out laughing. Minho resentfully joins in, unable to hide his smile.  We stay like that for a couple of minutes. To an outsider, we'd look like friends laughing over a joke, but we were trying to grasp at all the moments of happiness we could get.

"Okay, so back to the subject," Minho says, glaring at Sonya who just smiles at him. "We find out where the cranks are coming from and make sure that Wicked's really gone," he says seriously. The smiles on our faces are gone, replaced with a look of determination. 

"Wicked's not going to control our lives any longer, we're going to kill every last one of them for what they did to us," I declare. Teresa nods in agreement. 

"What do we tell the slintheads?" Minho asks, referring to the pack. I shrug. 

"We don't have to tell them anything," Teresa replies. Minho raises a brow. 

"It's not their job to know where we are, we can do whatever we want" I agree. Minho shrugs and nods contently. 

"I'm fine with that," he announced. Sonya and Brenda nod and agree as well. 

"We'll have to on the weekend I guess," Sonya says. I frown. Teresa raises a brow at Sonya. 

"Why?" she asks. Sonya looks at us with confusion. 

"We have school" she states. I stifle a laugh. Teresa and I share a long knowing look. 

"What are you shuckfaces giggling 'bout?" Minho demands, annoyed.